4. Joycon Mod

12.4%
  5. Other

4.6%
  1. Nasha004

Nasha004 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Gibraltar
    I used auto rcm through sx os but had a few dodgy moments with it, I uninstalled it. Now I just leave a rcm jig in the switch to boot it.

2. acho

OP acho Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    aside from preferences and convenience of AutoRCM though, can anyone in the know please educate us if its safe from detection and the long term effect if any of constantly forcing the switch to boot into RCM?

3. Nasha004

Nasha004 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Gibraltar
    I don’t believe anyone really knows, it’s best to just stay offline, which is what I do.ive heard there’s a tiny chance of depleting the battery and having to remove it to charge it, but I’ve also heard that that’s not right. Eventually people will find these risks but it’ll probably be a few weeks or so

Last edited by Nasha004, Jun 26, 2018
  4. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

United States
    The only reason I wouldn't use RCM is to avoid a possible ban flag. But other things may trigger that.

5. Ty_

Ty_ GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Nice. I really want to use the SX Auto RCM, especially as I can use NX Loader from my phone at any moment, I've just been paranoid about battery drain issues/not being able to charge it at all

Hondyn likes this.
  6. Hondyn

Hondyn GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    There are so many other things which could get your switch banned that the auto rcm is the least of your problems.

Meriadoc and Ty_ like this.
  7. fragged

fragged GBAtemp Regular

United States
    As long as it specifically states that it has OTG built in then your good, I've seen a lot of cheap Micro USB to C cables that don't have the OTG function built in, someone here had the same problem a few days ago, and his cable did not work.

8. rizzod

rizzod Not a New Member

Question.
    I don't have a SX Pro Dongle, i've been booting the payload via the TegraRCMSmash on my PC.
    Do I need a dongle for this mode?

9. Wolfy

Wolfy Person That Never Was

United States
    You do not sir, all you need is a license to make SX OS work and the required files downloaded and ready.

All the dongle does is act as a portable RCM payload which is nice by itself as well.

10. gallymimu

gallymimu EE Expert

United States
  11. eldavo2090

eldavo2090 GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    Good! Hey I would really appreciate if you can answer some questions I have...
    Obviously if you go online with a backup you will be banned, but can you do local play without risk?
    And if you boot your Switch normally can you get banned?

12. sirAnger

sirAnger GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You can reduce the chance of being banned by never having your switch connected to wifi (which is effectively the same as being banned). The moment you do anything online, for instance viewing the eshop or downloading news then you are at risk for being banned. Even if you never actually played games using online multiplayer.

Last edited by sirAnger, Jun 27, 2018
    benson733, Ty_ and eldavo2090 like this.
  13. benson733

benson733 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Depending on what the console has logged and reported back you can get banned. There is a sticky/pinned post that has a general consensus of what is currently getting players banned or not. There is nothing definitive at the moment for what doesn't get you banned if you have tampered or modified code running in the system..

eldavo2090 likes this.
  14. eldavo2090

eldavo2090 GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    Appreciate your response man!
    Thanks!

15. sashka69

sashka69 Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Auto rcm seems to be absolutely bullsh*t on my switch. It drained my battery over night from 100% to empty 2 times in a row now.
    What da fuk?! I selected Power off in Option menu!!

I was orginally on 4.1 and did the non fuse burning update process to 5.1...
    Somehow i fucked up my fuse while deactivating Auto rcm and recharging my switch so it would Boot again...the sx os 1.2 fuse protection didn't help in this case (although i booted manually in rcm mode for charging ). Now i'm on 5.1 fuse set and have to check what caused the battery draining.

Strange

16. TamarindoJuice

TamarindoJuice GBAtemp Regular

Brazil

Same draining used to happen here, the fact is that for some reason powering off just puts it again to rcm mode, so overnight rcm on it eats 50% of a 100% charged battery. The only solution that worked to me was after i select power off on the menu, wait a minute and so press again the power button for like 15/20 seconds, this may looks stupid at first sight but will ensure your device is not powered on in rcm mode.

Last edited by TamarindoJuice, Jun 29, 2018
  17. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    For some reason, I have 0 issues with AutoRCM. I checked it for most of the day to see yesterday as well. turned it off at 94% and let it go for a few hours and then would turn it back on to see and it was at the same %. Messed with the OS and RCM mode a bit and it ended up at 91%(from use ofc), so I turned my switch off while in the nintendo OS, and woke up just now and checked to see what % it was at and it was still at 91%? Seems to be working fine for me. I do keep my dongle in my console though so idk if that factors in anything.

I really recommend, uninstalling AutoRCM and using BriccMii v2 to brick it, then boot it back up and do + so it repairs cust_data and if it says UNBRICC's just boot briccmii again and BRICC again.

18. Hondyn

Hondyn GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Its been said since its release quite a lot that it keeps draining battery even if you power off completely

19. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Oddly enough, it doesn't for me lol It was off for 8 hours and it didn't drain at all :unsure:
    I did use rajkosto's guide to update without burning fuses and that had AutoRCM installed right then, so not sure if that has anything to do with it

Last edited by Biff627, Jun 29, 2018
  20. DBA

DBA Member
    Newcomer

France
    I do not like AutoRCM, many times i got my switch turned on with AutoRCM, and the battery goes empty very fast, since the screen stay black, so you have no idea.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - favorite, AutoRCM, method