Is anyone else already sick of hearing about "New Moon" ?

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by JesseB, Nov 17, 2009.

1. JesseB
    OP

JesseB GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Ohio
    I understand that the Twilight saga has a huge fanbase. I myself am an avid fan of the Star Wars franchise. But I'm getting to the point where I just want to puke from all the New Moon hype. I literally hear about this movie 10 - 15 times a day between TV. radio, and print ads. It's just a @#%^*&% movie people!!! It'll be interesting to see peoples reactions when the actual movie falls short of what the hype machine promises. I'm not a troll, i'm just really sick of overhype for this film. Anyone else share my sentiment?

2. antwill

antwill Better Than You

Dec 24, 2006
    Australia
    I agree, it has gone a little over the top with the advertising, and you know things are bad when even local morning news talk shows are having a 'twilight week' ... yes they actually did that here.

3. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but live in USA.. for now.
    Yeah, I am sick of this movie but I am going to watch it anyway. I dont care about those actors/actress but I like vampires.

4. NeSchn

NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    Troy,New York PimpStatus: King
    Me too a little bit, 2 of my friends made me watch Twilight this past Friday (they were girls obviously) and to tell you the truth it wasn't really that bad for a chick flick. The vampires are stupid though, what Vampire sparkles in the sun? So goddamn stupid.

5. antwill

antwill Better Than You

Dec 24, 2006
    Australia
    Well its chick flick so it's allowed to ignore all pre-defined rules for monsters?

6. Linkiboy

Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

May 14, 2006
    United States
    Twilight is just fanservice for girls

7. Hop2089

Hop2089 Cute>Hot

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    Yeah for Weak minded, weak spirited, and misguided girls

Lets get some strong female roles in here (which they need to see) and cut the hearthrob crap.

8. DSGamer64

DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Nov 9, 2007
    Canada
    A cold cold place
    About as sick as I am of hearing how it's as good as Harry Potter, when it's not because it's targeted at teenie bopper girls while Harry Potter is for everyone. And I am just as sick of hearing about CoD: MW2, just another shitty mediocre generic shooter.

9. Skyline969

Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Nov 18, 2008
    Canada
    Saskatchewan
    +1
    Seriously, why all the girls I know swoon for a made-up character I'll never understand. He's a vampire. He sparkles in the sunlight. And now there's a second movie out. Why, oh why, must there be yet another movie about him? Let's get serious here, Edward's a damn cockblock, am I right? Girls want their guys to be "more like Edward", and we're like "Why would we want to be like a little fairy?"... it makes no sense. I've actually heard of girls dumping their boyfriends because they weren't "like Edward". The sooner most girls snap into reality and realize Edward's not real, and that guys are not going to become him, the better.

10. tinymonkeyt

tinymonkeyt GBAtemp brat

Feb 27, 2008
    United States
    Taylor Lautner is hot. That's why.

But honestly, it is truly over advertised. There's even a magazine dedicated to Twilight. I get that it's popular and all, but hey, someone has to draw the line somewhere..

11. Hop2089

Hop2089 Cute>Hot

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    Where's extreme feminism when you need it.

12. Ferrariman

Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Dec 9, 2007
    Canada
    Canader.
    Hey the soundtrack was good.

But the movie won't be.

13. benjaminlibl

benjaminlibl Funky Member

Jul 15, 2009
    Senegal
    Singapore
    Sometimes, not understanding girls is a good thing.

I don't let myself swoon over some Hollywood celebrity, because I don't think good looks are something to admire. What are good looks, besides being an accident of birth? How many of us can have control over the way we look? Instead of idolizing an actors because they're "hot", why not focus on their acting instead?

All rhetorical questions, of course.

I've never watched Twilight, and I don't intend to anytime soon.

14. omgpwn666

omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

Jun 14, 2008
    United States
    Florida
    I hate that movie sooo much and I have not even watched it,its the fact that I hate men without shirts on. Nothing against them actor/model,just the movie and the director.

15. Magmorph

Magmorph GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 22, 2009
    United States
    I just heard about this today.(Yes I do live under a rock). I am already sick of hearing about it.

16. antwill

antwill Better Than You

Dec 24, 2006
    Australia
    So you don't goto the beach or swimming?

On topic, people obsess over things far too easily and over the top. I mean any sane person can tell its just the authors fantasies growing up in book form.

17. Linkiboy

Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

May 14, 2006
    United States
    I agree for the most part; other than the fact that you have a lot of control over your appearance.

18. triassic911

triassic911 Burst Mode

May 9, 2007
    United States
    NYC, USA
    I can't wait to see it.

19. DozerGuy

DozerGuy GBAtemp Regular

Mar 4, 2009
    United States
    California
    Just watched the first again last night. Super cheese. If you can see past the pretty people and blue screen filter the acting ranks with Cody Devereaux from Conan O'Brien

20. benjaminlibl

benjaminlibl Funky Member

Jul 15, 2009
    Senegal
    Singapore
    By appearance I meant physical features, not attire and such.