Homebrew Question Is anyone currently developing, or is there a working FTP client on 5.x.x currently?

XtremeTemp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure many of us want this, is there a current one or is there one being made? I don't mind doing the process over and over again but it does get annoying due to the switch restarting every time you remove the sd card, but having a ftp client on switch so we could keep our SD card in our switch at all times, which would be great.

Any answer would be appreciated :)

Ty_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
because thats not the switches IP its just not displaying it correctly though you would have to wait for someone else to answer on how to get the ip

System Settings > Internet

Then in connection status under IP address. For example mine is 192.168.0.11, so the FTP for me is 192.168.0.11:5000. And I can confirm this works on 5.0.2, I've used it a bunch for loading .nro files onto the SD card

phonz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm looking forward to a fully working FTP server as well.
FTPd still doesn't like it when you download some files from it to PC, ie Checkpoint save game backups

Last edited by phonz,
Reactions: Leonidas87

XtremeTemp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you know your Switch's local ip, you can still connect.
Yea i had that problem, just connect using something like WinSCP on your Switch's local IP which you can find in network settings like Example.Example.Example.Example:5000 and it should work.

TP2DS8f.png

:P

Last edited by XtremeTemp,
Reactions: phonz

Thulinma

Computer Magician
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.thulinma.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Doesn't work on 5.0.2. I got 0.0.0.0:5000, It's not recognizing the ip address.
0.0.0.0 is IPv4 bind syntax for "all interfaces". It's not a bug and not an error. It just means that it's listening on not one particular address, but on all valid network addresses the console has.

Reactions: Ty_

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1