Gaming Is anyone actually happy with Nintendos E3?

Briyoda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally loved the focus on the new Smash but all I see is complaints. I think the way they went with the game is great! I understand the absence of Metroid was disappointing but still.

Reactions: Xzi

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still waiting for a successor to Super Mario 3d World or any multiplayer Mario game. Or anything 4 plus players in the Mario/Yoshi/Kirby/Link
Quad Force heroes would be awesome.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I care very little about Smash, so was disappointed that I sat through half an hour of details about it waiting for them to start talking about other games again, only for it to end instead. What they did show before Smash included some good stuff tho, so I'm not really disappointed.

They did say there's a new octopath demo, right? I didn't imagine that? Couldn't see it today, is it one of the things that's turning up in a few days?

kingfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care about Smash so it did nothing for me. The rest was tiny little tewsers.

Can't wait for KH3 and DQ11 but was hype for them already.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
For what we saw? Yeah, it was an alright presentation. It missed an opportunity to show us more of what we wanted (Metroid Prime 4 and the new Pokémon to start), but we got a fair amount.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tbh, it got me excited about smash, whereas I didn't particularly care about the others. Other than the TES6 announcement, but we all know it'll take a while to arrive so....
I would get into smash more if I didn't keep falling off the stages all the time. I was into Virtua Fighter back in the day.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still waiting for a successor to Super Mario 3d World or any multiplayer Mario game. Or anything 4 plus players in the Mario/Yoshi/Kirby/Link
Quad Force heroes would be awesome.
I was hoping they announce some New super mario HD collection with the NDS and wii new supper mario games. Or also Super mario 3D land/world collection.

Hopefully next year we will get a newer super mario 2D game. :)

Slackot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was a very nice Direct, but there was maybe a bit too much attention in Smash. Don't get me wrong. I love Smash, but I would've liked to see more about Pikmin 4, a Yoshi game, Metroid, their online service, etc.

Reactions: elm

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
A solid four titles in the showcase if you count Octopath Traveler even though it had already been revealed. It was on par with Sony's conference, which was also short. Difference is we'll keep getting more Nintendo reveals throughout the year.

I don't mind that Smash was the focus. Even if it's not the last Smash game, it's going to be the biggest and most complete Smash game, so that was an impressive reveal.

Reactions: Slackot

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you was asking this because you was just curious about the people who enjoyed it vs who didn't, we all have opinions and there is nothing wrong with it until people start making it a problem. I just wanted to say that first before continuing cause it's true that opinions become problems. People who been asking for the content they decided to show will probably be happier than people looking for what didn't get shown.

To answer the question, I was okay with it, somethings I dislike was not giving details about the first two trailers (Deamos X machnia whatever it's called and xenoblade chronicles 2 DLC) Some more games could be discussed besides just two indie games and fortnight. Montages are okay when it shows enough. I think those help keep the pace and compress the lengthy times that can happen from dragging out some things like EA did. Since they kept it to the stuff that we already knew about was not bad. It's way better than seeing incremental trailers about Tomb raider and Kingdom hearts 3 across three different conferences instead of just one. Ports to the system is always a controversial subject but it's not new stuff.

They and no one was perfect but they are only human as are we. It's becoming incrementally harder to satisfy public people every year that if they falling back on popular ones is possible. I'm no different so I won't pretend like I am.

Reactions: Briyoda

Arolandis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smash and Fire Emblem were enough for me. Didn't care about the MS/Sony stuff (except for Spiderman, but I'll pass). Liked Bethesda and Ubisoft's stuff. Plus, although it's multiplat...Tales of Vesperia.

I want to play Smash more than anything though. I wasn't disappointed at all.

Slackot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of all the conferences I feel like Microsoft did end up winning. They had the most surprises. Sony had a lot of issues with the stream, and there wasn't a lot of announcements. They did pick up a bit near the end. And Nintendo was great, but they had a bit too much of Smash.

I'm more pissed of at Square Enix's presentation

NO NEWS ON THE FFVII/TWEWY REMAKE REEEEEEEEEE

Didn't they announce that years ago?

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This year's E3 was pretty disappointing. SO MANY games being 2019 releases. Microsoft doesn't have much other than Forza Horizon 4 (which I am actually happy with considering i've bought every other Forza game in the franchise). I can't even remember much of what Sony showed other than Last of Us Part II but that's not going to be a 2018 release....but at least Nintendo has Smash Ultimate coming out THIS YEAR...granted, it's in December, but it's still in time for the holidays...Not to mention we have Octopath Traveler coming in July which is pretty exciting. They released Fortnite right after E3 as well. While Sony and Microsoft were so focused on 2019 and beyond, Nintendo actually is delivering THIS YEAR

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?