Hacking Is 9.0/9.0.1 completely stable with homebrew yet?

Verin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When 9.0 first came out, I was one of the people that accidentally updated from 8.1.0, a lot wasn't working for me so I downgraded successfully back to 8.1.0. But, as you know now I cannot use my gamecard slot. So, I am wondering if all the old homebrew is working no problem on 9xx now or if I should stay where I am. I use a lot of homebrew/emulation of my switch such as GZDoom and Retroarch etc.

Also, if everything is running smooth now, whats the safest way to update? Thanks in advance.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would have to update all homebrew because controls are broken using older homebrew on 9.0/9.1.

Very few games require 9.0+ so far so you might want to stay it's up to you. If you do choose to update use ChoidujourNX.

Last edited by EmulateLife,

Verin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works but expect to update all homebrew because controls are broken using older homebrew on 9.0/9.1.

A lot of the homebrew I use hasn't updated in awhile... so basically it's in the same state. The devs have to update the homebrew or it wont work. I thought Atmosphere had a work around now for this, I guess I was mistaken.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of the homebrew I use hasn't updated in awhile... so basically it's in the same state. The devs have to update the homebrew or it wont work. I thought Atmosphere had a work around now for this, I guess I was mistaken.

I don't know what you're trying to say or your point I'm just telling if you do update to 9.0 or 9.1 you will have to update to all new homebrew because old homebrew will not work. You can launch them but controls will not work at all so you're basically stuck. There's no workaround for that you have to update each and every homebrew. Don't want to do that don't update right now.

Verin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what you're trying to say or your point I'm just telling if you do update to 9.0 or 9.1 you will have to update to all new homebrew because old homebrew will not work. You can launch them but controls will not work at all so you're basically stuck. There's no workaround for that you have to update each and every homebrew. Don't want to do that don't update right now.

I am trying to say what I just said, as far as I knew Atmosphere implemented some type of work around to bypass those issues with older homebrew ("Atmosphere now provides a temporary hid-mitm that will cause homebrew to continue to work as expected). I am also saying a lot of the homebrew I use hasn't been updated in awhile (ex: GZDoom). I guess I will stay on 8.1.0 until they come up with a working solution or all of the homebrew I like is updated... which I don't see happening for a lot of them.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

These two commits contradict what you're saying

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/commit/6613fda4b13398257babedb8b39691e0826ccc2f
https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/commit/a750e55f75be93e1df74af126af7b1ce6e290275

veekay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most old homebrew still works just fine for now - it is future releases of atmosphere that might disable the "fix" when the problem could arise with non-updated hb.

I haven't found anything that doesn't work.

Reactions: Rahkeesh

Verin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most old homebrew still works just fine for now - it is future releases of atmosphere that might disable the "fix" when the problem could arise with non-updated hb.

I haven't found anything that doesn't work.

I updated, luckily GZDoom was updated to work with it as was retroarch, so I am pretty happy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over