IRC Bot

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Sinkhead, Dec 30, 2007.

Dec 30, 2007

IRC Bot by Sinkhead at 11:07 PM (959 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Sinkhead
    OP

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    I heard about this good idea for the GBAtemp portal somewhere (can't remember where) but basically it let you see who (members of GBAtemp) was online on a WiFi enabled DS/Wii game, and get their friend code and start a match.
    I also want to learn how to use IRC more, so I decided to create a bot! I've written fairly detailed plans for it in this PDF file, and I'd appreciate it if the coders or more experienced people could comment on it, if they see any big problems or whatever.
    I plan on making it in Game Maker (don't be fooled by the name, it has a fairly complex scripting language with DLL support, and I've looked through the IRC protocol examples and I'm fairly confident I can make this)

Thanks a lot for any help or feedback [​IMG]

2. jgu1994

Member jgu1994 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Wow, this would be a AMAZING application, I support you 100% of the way, and good luck on it. I unfortunately have no knowledge of programming so I can't help you, but I may still be able to spread the word alittle.

3. Sinkhead
    OP

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    Thanks [​IMG]

After the text IRC implementation is complete, I plan to make a simple GUI (that still uses the IRC network) so it's even easier for beginners!

4. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Sounds interesting, Sinkhead - as GBAtemp does need some type of WFC deal for us members to link up.

Good luck [​IMG]

5. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    in b4 urza

(i personally support it)