Hacking Iosuhax to Mocha

Lula20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So I just bought a Wii U (yes, in middle 2020) that came with iosuhax and I'd like to change to Mocha CFW. Is there any tutorial about how to do that? I dont know if I can just follow the normal guide or if I need to do something before starting bacause of iosuhax. It seems it has haxchi to, but it only can be executed after lauching iosuhax, but I'm not sure. Also, I'd like to know if I can format my console, I'm too afraid to do it and end it up bricking it.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, I'd like to know if I can format my console, I'm too afraid to do it and end it up bricking it.

More information would be nice. Last thing you want to do is format a modded console without confirming what exactly has been done to it.

If your console has any instance of Haxchi or Coldboot haxchi (Commonly shortened to CBHC) you DON'T WANT TO FORMAT THE CONSOLE. Reason is because it uses a Nintendo DS game purchases from eshop from a previous console user and if you format the console, you no longer have access to that game or the account it was obtained with which is needed. Only way to get it again is to create your own nintendo network account and pay for a Nintendo DS Virtual console game to inject Haxchi into it.

First confirm if your console has haxchi, just find the logo on the home menu, if is there, then don't bother formatting it. Just go to settings and delete whatever you don't want EXCEPT HAXCHI.

After you confirm it uses haxchi, the simple way to use it is to start it up. That's all. You can use homebrew, it should have a homebrew loader app included. Simply add homebrew to a FAT32 Format sd card and load the homebrew loader to use homebrew. I recommend using this homebrew app store as it can download homebrew directly to the system without the use of a pc. https://github.com/vgmoose/hb-appstore/releases

If you want to use Mocha CFW for whatever reason, simply download it with the previously mentioned homebrew store app and load it like you did with the homebrew app store. Hope this helps. Though you don't need Mocha cfw if you are using haxchi because it enables the same functions. Primary use of Mocha cfw was for people not using haxchi. So is up to you honestly, I'm just here to provide answers. :ninja:

Reactions: jeannotte

Lula20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think I have figured out what it has. The DS game actually is U Launcher. It's installed on both the Wii U and the external HD. When I boot the Wii U with the HD, it shows the Mario Kart DS icon, and when the HD is not connected, just the U Launcher icon. In both cases, when I try to open it, it says that the NNID account that downloaded the game is not availabe anymore and it asks me to download again. But when I load iosuhax through the browser, it becames Mario Kart DS and can be played. Should I change to Mocha?

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
No. You should use haxchi. But this requires (in your case) a new account (or existing) with an compatible ds vc game. Mocha works only through the browser exploit. And we all know, the wii u is not the fastest console ;)

Lula20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So can I just follow the guides or should I do something before because of U Launcher? And can I format the console?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Do you see an "Autobooting..." screen after powering on the console? If yes, you shouldn't format your console. If not, you can easily uninstall the U-Launcher title in the data management. A reset is not necessary. Delete the title, create a new account (or use an existing account, would be advantageous if he had already registered a compatible ds vc game), download the game, use the browser exploit, start the nand dumper, install haxchi and if haxchi works without problems, install cbhc if you want. And after that, you should have an perfectly working setup.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
So, what would be an autobooting screen?
Means, it autoboots cbhc after powering on the console. This is what Sonic Angel Knight already wrote. And this is the only way (for the case it is installed) to boot the console and the reason why consoles with an installed cbhc shouldn't be formatted. Except you uninstall it via uninstaller. Deleting cbhc in the data management or formatting the console with installed cbhc will brick it. Definitely! So, don't test it. A few more informations can be found here or here.

Lula20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Means, it autoboots cbhc after powering on the console. This is what Sonic Angel Knight already wrote. And this is the only way (for the case it is installed) to boot the console and the reason why consoles with an installed cbhc shouldn't be formatted. Except you uninstall it via uninstaller. Deleting cbhc in the data management or formatting the console with installed cbhc will brick it. Definitely! So, don't test it. A few more informations can be found here or here.
I don't think it has cbhc, I need to load iosuhax through webexploit, so is it safe to remove the ULauncher? I only found the installer on homebrew Launcher, it's from Alucardio

lolorlofl

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Only way to get it again is to create your own nintendo network account and pay for a Nintendo DS Virtual console game to inject Haxchi into it.
I think it's really important to mention that if a Wii U already has a NNID on it, the only way to get rid of it is by contacting Nintendo. Doing a factory reset will remove all users and data, but on Nintendo's servers it registers the NNID to the Wii U itself. You can't even sign into the NNID on another Wii U until you speak to Nintendo and remove the link. It will say that the NNID is already attached to another console.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's really important to mention that if a Wii U already has a NNID on it, the only way to get rid of it is by contacting Nintendo. Doing a factory reset will remove all users and data, but on Nintendo's servers it registers the NNID to the Wii U itself. You can't even sign into the NNID on another Wii U until you speak to Nintendo and remove the link. It will say that the NNID is already attached to another console.
I'm personally not familiar with this process as I don't share my console with people. But by how other "DRM" featured systems work, I just know that if the user who purchased the digital content is no longer stored in the system, then it's no longer accessible. I'm sure system activation and linking plays a role in this but I just know that the person is just going to have to buy a DS game from the eshop with a new account if they want haxchi. :ninja:

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Doesn't matter. The wii u isn't limited to handle only one nnid. Just link a new one and delete the other profile. Makes sense, because the op doesn't have access to the previous owners nnid or email. This should do the trick.

Lula20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Doesn't matter. The wii u isn't limited to handle only one nnid. Just link a new one and delete the other profile. Makes sense, because the op doesn't have access to the previous owners nnid or email. This should do the trick.
The console has two profiles, but neither one had a NNID linked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: what are you currently playing?