Hacking IOS37 not a threat at the moment?

ashesburn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Still not able to find too much info on all of these. Help pls!

I understand that IOS37 is needed for some wiiware games, or maybe all of it.

But at the same time, it contains the fix for the Trucha exploit?

1) Am I right to say that having it on my console with 3.2U firmware is safe as the system menu do not use it?

2) 3.3 uses IOS30 v2576 and 3.4 uses IOS50, so 3.3 or 3.4 do not use this IOS37?

3) Is IOS37 the same as IOS37-64-v2070.wad? Installing it is the same as any normal wads, through the WAD Manager? Are there different versions for different region?

4) Lastly, Waninkoko's cIOS37 v3 is installed as IOS249. But The newer version is now based on cIOS36 v7? Is there a need to install this? So far without this I'm still able to run homebrew programs that I need and I understand it is only really needed to develop homebrew programs.

Hope to get some clarification on these. Thanks in advance!

ashesburn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Nintendo's IOS37 has the trucha bug fixed. You can get an backup launching cIOS37 with trucha support by using my installer:
http://ratm.net63.net/multi_cios_installer0.23.zip

But for now this seems only to be needed by Rock Band when launched by a backup launcher.

Thanks for the reply.

I realised some wiiwares require the IOS37 as well.

I think I managed to figure out the answers myself. I guess I'll just post them anyway if someone else needs it.
biggrin.gif

1) Yes.

2) Yes

3) Yes. Yes. No.

4) Yes. No, unless you need to:

a) Give full access to DVDs in homebrew programs.
b) Allow deletion of system titles (channels) like the System menu itself or various installed IOS
c) Add a custom device handler module to make all in-game DVD access use DVDX layer instead of the official one (DI)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/f8gq43e