Hacking IOS Reloading games

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Excellent thrread Wiipower and excellent idea!
If I remember correctly,CoD3 freezes when you select a mission at the loading screen.The game boots plays normally till this point.
I hope to find some answers,because IOS Reload is the most serious problem for USB Loaders...

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for all the info so far, tomorrow i will have time to update the 1st post. More info is welcome of couse.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It would be nice if people would post .wdm files here. The parameter should be set to 1 for all games where no special parameters are known.

One should decide for himself if he wants a .wdm file for Wii Sports Resort, as you only need to boot the other .dol once, but for Metroid Prime 1 for example, a file with "main menu" and "play game" or whatever would be nice.

If a game is fully playable if another .dol is booted instead of the main.dol the .wdm file should look like this:
Code:
Text doesn't matter
Name of the .dol, ? are allowed to create multi region .wdm files

If alternative .dol loading from disc+ is used with such a .wdm file on sd card, the loader should just boot the game .dol directly without asking. Oh and .wdm files can use 3, 4 or 6 digits of the discid, where i recommend to use 3, because that creates files for use in all regions.

Currently the latest NeoGamma and configurable usb loader are using .wdm files, expect the others following soon.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Ok, here's a first batch of WDM-Files for:

-Indiana Jones
-Red Steel
-SSX Blur
-Medal of Honor

I didn't test them, they should be alright, but I'm happy if someone can test
smile.gif
. I'm busy with Red Steel 2
tongue.gif

Btw, @WiiPower: What do you think of putting these files up to WiiTDB.com? It would be nice for the Noobs to just download them by pressing a button, and the loaders and the site could be for shure updated. Maybe you/someone could ask zorglub (I think he's the owner of WiiTDB) about this...

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I still don't understand the benefit of using wdm file, while we can play games by alt-dol in usb-loader.

Would you please explain ?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
nIxx said:
QUOTE said:
If alternative .dol loading from disc+ is used with such a .wdm file on sd card, the loader should just boot the game .dol directly without asking.

This, nice menu names and it won't prompt you for games you don't want to be prompted like Wii Sports Resort.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Here's wdms for Wii Sports Resort, Tiger Woods 2010, Grand Slam Tennis and Mortal Kombat Armageddon.

I'm not 100% sure on Tiger and Grand Slam as I don't own them myself, but I heard the MotionPlus video is named the same, so I just copied the WSR one and changed the filenames.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
yeah, im sure the wm+ video is named the same across those 3 and one more from memory, unless all wm+ games have same video... ie red steel 2, i needed to use player.dol to run

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Perhaps Virtua Tennis and Red Steel 2 should be added as copies of the Wii Sports file as well then.

I also have confirmation that Sam & Max Season 2 seems to work with the same set of parameters as Season 1. Just rename the file from R3X.wdm to R3Y.wdm.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for all the .wdm files, i will add all of them to the NeoGamma R8 final release, where it makes sense to me. For example i won't add Wii Sports Resort, because to me it would be annoying to have the menu for the game.

Edit: I think i will add the wm+ video .wdm files as optional files.

Dr. Clipper said:
Perhaps Virtua Tennis and Red Steel 2 should be added as copies of the Wii Sports file as well then.

I also have confirmation that Sam & Max Season 2 seems to work with the same set of parameters as Season 1. Just rename the file from R3X.wdm to R3Y.wdm.

Well Sam & Max Season 2 should only have 5 episodes, while Season 1 has 6. But that's easy to fix, thanks for the hint.

D

Deleted member 180466

FenrirWolf said:
SSBB doesn't reload IOS. It's just unruly at times since it's a dual-layer game and DL support has a history of breaking in IOS249, though it's been stable for the past few revs.

But these "Masterpieces"? Need it not to reload the IOS?
If I choose one of these demos then:
1. The game hangs up
2. Coming back to the Wii Menu

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
GHBAimen said:
FenrirWolf said:
SSBB doesn't reload IOS. It's just unruly at times since it's a dual-layer game and DL support has a history of breaking in IOS249, though it's been stable for the past few revs.

But these "Masterpieces"? Need it not to reload the IOS?
If I choose one of these demos then:
1. The game hangs up
2. Coming back to the Wii Menu
Each masterpiece is stored in a different game partition on the disc, a bit like multigame discs for gamecube loader.
unless you have a 1:1 rip, you only have the first game partition, which is the main game. No masterpieces.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the collation, WiiPower. It's good that you gave the optional ones, too. In Cfg, we will suggest to install them all as they can only be accessed by user selection, and hence it makes sense to have the better names even if they are only used once.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I wrote a memory dumper to check the memory at the moment a 2nd .dol is loaded, but my Sam & Max disc refuses to work with it.
http://www.mediafire.com/?mjjgedtzwwm

It's either a WiiSrubber or makefile problem, i had one patched Sam & Max disc that worked. Oh and for those who are wondering, the working disc was booted with the real main.dol via alternative .dol loading from storage.

If somebody would get this to work, we could get confirmation if the parameter can be dumped directly or not. If it can, we know that MPT uses something else, if it can't, we can compare the memory in Sam & Max with different episodes to figure out how to get the value. I would do it on Sam & Max, because we know what we are looking for.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later