WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Here's the list of the games i know that are IOS Reloading games:
Code:
Army Men: Soldiers of Misfortune (maybe not, only 1 confirmation)
Boogie (not Boogie Superstar which doesn't need this)
Call of Duty 3
CSI: Deadly Intent(IOS53, IOS Reload when trying to play 1st misson, maybe alt .dol from disc+ would allow to select the mission)
FarCry(IOS9, looks like no chance for alt .dol from disc+, does an IOS Reload in the middle of the game)
Fate of Atlantis(inside Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings)
FIFA 08
House of the Dead 2(IOS Reload block function in Hermes cIOS works! Also alternative .dol loading allows to boot HOTD2 directly)
Mahjong Kakutou Club(Mahjong Fight Club)
Madden '07
Madden '08
Medal of Honor Heroes 2
Metal Slug Anthology
Metroid Prime 1(alternative .dol loading works partially, only 1st slot and veteran difficulty, alt .dol from disc+ might help)
Metroid Prime 2(alternative .dol loading works partially, only 1st slot and veteran difficulty, alt .dol from disc+ might help)
Metroid Prime Trilogy(IOS55, .dols for PAL: rs5fe_p.dol, rs5mp1_p.dol, rs5mp2_p.dol and rs5mp3_p.dol, alternative .dol loading works partially, only 1st slot each, veteran difficulty, no multiplayer, alt .dol from disc+ might help)
Mortal Kombat Armageddon
NBA Live '08
Pangya Golf With Style(=Super Swing Golf)
Red Steel(IOS9, IOS Reload directly before main menu, alternative .dol loading makes the game fully playable)
Sam & Max Season One(IOS33, fully playable with alt .dol from disc+)
Splinter Cell Double Agent
SSX Blur
Video tutorial in Grand slam Tennis
Video tutorial in Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10
Video tutorial in Virtua Tennis
Video tutorial in Wii Sports Resort(player.dol, alternative .dol loading works)

It would be nice if people would post .wdm files here. The parameter should be set to 1 for all games where no special parameters are known.

One should decide for himself if he wants a .wdm file for Wii Sports Resort, as you only need to boot the other .dol once, but for Metroid Prime 1 for example, a file with "main menu" and "play game" or whatever would be nice.

If a game is fully playable if another .dol is booted instead of the main.dol the .wdm file should look like this:
Code:
Text doesn't matter
Name of the .dol, ? are allowed to create multi region .wdm files

If alternative .dol loading from disc+ is used with such a .wdm file on sd card, the loader should just boot the game .dol directly without asking. Oh and .wdm files can use 3, 4 or 6 digits of the discid, where i recommend to use 3, because that creates files for use in all regions.

Currently the latest NeoGamma and configurable usb loader are using .wdm files, expect the others following soon.

I want to gather all possible information about these games, to figure out which games still don't work from usb and hopefully find a solution for some of them. So mainly i want to know which IOS is requested by each game, which helps if one wants to replace that with a cIOS to play the game from disc. And i want to know where the IOS Reload happens, which .dols are on the disc and if the IOS Reload block function from Hermes cIOS works.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
WiiPower said:
I want to gather all possible information about these games, to figure out which games still don't work from usb and hopefully find a solution for some of them. So mainly i want to know which IOS is requested by each game, which helps if one wants to replace that with a cIOS to play the game from disc. And i want to know where the IOS Reload happens, which .dols are on the disc and if the IOS Reload block function from Hermes cIOS works.
I'll try to gather these Infos in the Weekend, got some IOS Reloading Games
smile.gif

One simple question: You want to know where the IOS Reload happens. What do you mean by that? Let's take Red Steel: The Game freezes at the Health-Screen. Would this be the Information you would want? That the IOS Reload happens at the Health-Screen?

Oh, and let's hope many people will help...although I have a feeling that they won't (screaming for a solution and doing nothing when there's a chance happend before...)

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CSI: Deadly Intent(IOS53) reloads when you select the first mission(just sends you back to the wii menu) without cios53 from corp3.x so I would assume it reloads at the beginning of load for each level but I could be wrong there could be more like beginning and end of the level

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Blue-K said:
[...]
I'll try to gather these Infos in the Weekend, got some IOS Reloading Games
smile.gif

One simple question: You want to know where the IOS Reload happens. What do you mean by that? Let's take Red Steel: The Game freezes at the Health-Screen. Would this be the Information you would want? That the IOS Reload happens at the Health-Screen?

Oh, and let's hope many people will help...although I have a feeling that they won't (screaming for a solution and doing nothing when there's a chance happend before...)

To me it's good enough if i get the info that it's before the main menu and that alternative .dol loading works without any noticable bugs. Well the name of the .dol would be nice.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tattar8 said:
For the Metroid Prime games, the difficulty is Veteran

Thank you.

QUOTE(longtom1 @ Mar 3 2010, 08:59 PM) CSI: Deadly Intent(IOS53) reloads when you select the first mission(just sends you back to the wii menu) without cios53 from corp3.x so I would assume it reloads at the beginning of load for each level but I could be wrong there could be more like beginning and end of the level

Thanks. Do you know what .dols are on the disc and what they start if booted by alternative .dol loading?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Ok, first batch (I'm bored
tongue.gif
). I'll try now to find out the requested IOS by Discs, and will edit my post then. Maybe even with some more games, let's see...let me know if anything is missing or not the way you wanted it (besides the requested IOS).
QUOTE said:
Tested with latest CFG-Loader & Hermes cIOS rev5 (222 with 38 Base).

SSX Blur:
Disc ID: RSXP69
IOS Requested:
IOS Reload: After passing the Health-Screen
DOLs on Disc: main.dol/ssx.dol
IOS Reload Block: Not working
Alternate DOL-Loading: Didn't recognized any problems.

Medal of Honor Heroes 2:
Disc ID: RM2X69
IOS Requested:
IOS Reload: During the Health-Screen
DOLs on Disc: main.dol/game.dol

Red Steel:
Disc ID: REDP41
IOS Requested:
IOS Reload: Freezes at the "Licensed by Nintendo"-Screen
DOLs on Disc: main.dol/redsteel.dol

Grand Slam Tennis:
Disc ID: R5TP69
IOS Requested:
IOS Reload: Freezes when selecting to play the WiiMotion+ Video
DOLs on Disc: main.dol/player.dol

Wii Sports Resort:
Disc ID: RZTP01
IOS Requested:

Virtua Tennis 2009:
Disc ID: RVUP8P
IOS Requested:

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10:
Disc ID: R9OP69
IOS Requested:

Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings:
Disc ID: RJ8P64
IOS Requested:
IOS Reload: Freezes when selecting Fate of Atlantis
DOLs on Disc: main.dol/FateAtlantis.dol

Metroid Prime Trillogy:
Disc ID: R3MP01
IOS Requested:
IOS Reload: Freezes when selecting an Episode from the Menu.
DOLs on Disc: main.dol/rs5fe_p.dol/rs5mp1_p.dol/rs5mp2_p.dol/rs5mp3_p.dol
Alternate DOL-Loading: The usual thing: Only veteran difficulty, no multiplayer, first slot.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you. Hmm, the disc id might also worth adding. I guess the alternative .dol loading works for these 3 games?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
WiiPower said:
Thank you. Hmm, the disc id might also worth adding. I guess the alternative .dol loading works for these 3 games?
I'll add the ID too
smile.gif
. Well, about the loading, as far as I remember (didn't played these games for quite a long time
tongue.gif
), I only had sometimes, some graphical glitches with SSX and Medal, but maybe I was dreaming...I'll check in the weekend
smile.gif

Oh, btw: I'll make the post above as my "Master"-Post, I'll update that one instead of posting always new...

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
longtom1 said:
CSI: Deadly Intent(IOS53) reloads when you select the first mission(just sends you back to the wii menu) without cios53 from corp3.x so I would assume it reloads at the beginning of load for each level but I could be wrong there could be more like beginning and end of the level

Thanks. Do you know what .dols are on the disc and what they start if booted by alternative .dol loading?
there's only Main.dol and alt dol loading doesn't work tried block ios reload on GX and cfg on 222v4 but same results reboot back to wii menu when first mission selected

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
longtom1 said:
there's only Main.dol and alt dol loading doesn't work
a little redundant no? If there's only one dol, then there isn't an alternate dol for the alt dol method to even be attempted!
biggrin.gif

Longtom, I know u r a smart guy and that u know what u r talking about, so don't take offense, I'm just teasing/trying to make a point
biggrin.gif

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Isn't SSBB (RSBE01) an IOS reloading game? I know it caused me some problems at the end of the first battle in the subspace emissionary. Hermes's 222/223 cIOS block worked on that one.

There was also something weird in wii sports resort. IIRC, you had to enable the alt dol to watch the introduction movie, and then disable it to play the game itself (quick googled source).

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SSBB doesn't reload IOS. It's just unruly at times since it's a dual-layer game and DL support has a history of breaking in IOS249, though it's been stable for the past few revs.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:

I know a site where you can get the, japanese Metroid Prime new wii control edit. It has been patched into english. Has all the features from the game on the trilogy disc. Plus it's own menu. I have not tested the game yet, but it should play perfect.

The trilogy disc is just the MP1 and MP2 new controls EDITS indirect ported combined with MP3 on one disc.

I don't support pirates and only pm me for the site, if you already own the trilogy game.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chartube12 said:
tattar8 said:

I know a site where you can get the, japanese Metroid Prime new wii control edit. It has been patched into english. Has all the features for the game on the trilogy disc. Plus it's own menu. I have not tested the game yet, but it should play perfect.
It doesn't work with it's menu from USB loading, only from disc.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
chartube12 said:
tattar8 said:

I know a site where you can get the, japanese Metroid Prime new wii control edit. It has been patched into english. Has all the features for the game on the trilogy disc. Plus it's own menu. I have not tested the game yet, but it should play perfect.

I been asured by the mods of the site, MP1 WC's menu works and doesn't require an alternate dol.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chartube12 said:
tattar8 said:
chartube12 said:
tattar8 said:

I been asured by the mods of the site, MP1 WC's menu works and doesn't require an alternate dol.
It's technically impossible

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
chartube12 said:
tattar8 said:
chartube12 said:
tattar8 said:

It's technically impossible

Why not? It isnt the trilogy game after all. Its a completely seperate game. The gamecube version's menu loads and that's basically what the New contorl series games are. They just have been upgraded for the wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER