Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDaMan11299

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what is ios 202 and why do i need it in order to play dvds through wiimc. other media players can play my dvds no problem. so????????????

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
DanDaMan11299 said:
what is ios 202 and why do i need it in order to play dvds through wiimc. other media players can play my dvds no problem. so????????????
Other Media Players? The Wii only has MPlayer-CE/MPlayer from Team Twiizers and WiiMC which can play DVDs. And only the Player from Team Twiizers uses DVDX. All other ones want IOS202, because DVDX is integrated in it. So, if you compare your Wii to an PC (which it sounds like), I'm sorry, but then you are stupid.

The Wii is not a PC. Not only Hardware-wise, but also the way it works. The Wii works around IOS, which are pieces in the Wii that enable new things (like USB 2.0, Camera, WiiSpeak, etc. for example). IOS202 enables USB 2.0 and DVD-Support (which Nintendo planed to integrate on the Wii, but cut it out in the end. Thanks to Team Twiizers, some Code was still found and made DVD-Playback possible). If you don't have that, the Wii doesn't know what to do with the Disc, and it won't work.

So, install it, or leave it. If you are afraid (though there is no reason), you should know that you can always uninstall it, and that this cIOS was the only one that survived the 4.2 Update (it wasn't overwritten by a Nintendo Stub). If you're still feared, then you should think about if hacking is the right thing for you.

Read up on IOS here.
Read up how the Wii works on HackMii.

@tj_cool: I think the IOS202 is needed for DVD? It contains DVDX, and support for DVDX was dropped in many apps, as far as I know (at least from Tantric's side, look at the Changelog from his Emulators..and he's a developer of WiiMC, so, do the math
tongue.gif
.).

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Blue-K said:
@tj_cool: I think the IOS202 is needed for DVD? It contains DVDX, and support for DVDX was dropped, as far as I know (at least from Tantric's side).
Haven't been keeping up with the DVDx / IOS202 stuff, so if you say so I have no reason to doubt that
tongue.gif

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To my understanding.. it can run like a real retail dvd such as menu, subtitle, trailer, etc like it does on dvd player ?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
RockmanForte said:
To my understanding.. it can run like a real retail dvd such as menu, subtitle, trailer, etc like it does on dvd player ?
It IS a real Retail DVD (at least I'm not shure if burned DVDs would work. Maybe they could, because Data-DVDs work, but still...I dunno). But I tested Ratatouille (which didn't played in MPlayer-CE) and it worked, Menu came up, and I could select the Bonus Movies, which played. Didn't test more, but it's not perfect. It was 4:3 (on my 16:9 TV, and I couldn't change it). The "Cursor" (or better, a transparent bar) is buggy, and it seems to have some problems if you want to skip the ads.

Though, it's still impressive, and it seems to (somehow) work
smile.gif

DanDaMan11299

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Blue-K said:
DanDaMan11299 said:
Other Media Players? The Wii only has MPlayer-CE/MPlayer from Team Twiizers and WiiMC which can play DVDs. And only the Player from Team Twiizers uses DVDX. All other ones want IOS202, because DVDX is integrated in it. So, if you compare your Wii to an PC (which it sounds like), I'm sorry, but then you are stupid.

The Wii is not a PC. Not only Hardware-wise, but also the way it works. The Wii works around IOS, which are pieces in the Wii that enable new things (like USB 2.0, Camera, WiiSpeak, etc. for example). IOS202 enables USB 2.0 and DVD-Support (which Nintendo planed to integrate on the Wii, but cut it out in the end. Thanks to Team Twiizers, some Code was still found and made DVD-Playback possible). If you don't have that, the Wii doesn't know what to do with the Disc, and it won't work.

So, install it, or leave it. If you are afraid (though there is no reason), you should know that you can always uninstall it, and that this cIOS was the only one that survived the 4.2 Update (it wasn't overwritten by a Nintendo Stub). If you're still feared, then you should think about if hacking is the right thing for you.

Read up on IOS here.

@tj_cool: I think the IOS202 is needed for DVD? It contains DVDX, and support for DVDX was dropped in many apps, as far as I know (at least from Tantric's side, look at the Changelog from his Emulators..and he's a developer of WiiMC, so, do the math
tongue.gif
.).

dont lecture me on the difference between pc and wii smartass . when i said media player, mplayer was what i meant anyway where can i get the files and instructions to install this. i am softmodded, on 4.1

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
DanDaMan11299 said:
dont lecture me on the difference between pc and wii smartass . when i said media player, mplayer was what i meant anyway where can i get the files and instructions to install this. i am softmodded, on 4.1
If you have Internet: Just grab the Installer and run it. Without Internet, you have to grab IOS57 from NUS with NUS-Downloader, decrypt it, and place it under /ios/ in your SD, I think...

DanDaMan11299

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
EnigmaXtreme said:
WiiMC's IOS Installer doesn't work, i click install it goes to download, the progress bar doesn't move and I get a installation failed error

same here, any ideas anyone?????

DanDaMan11299

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok so i got it to work. I used hermes cios installer v5 to install 202 and 222. i used the recommended ios as base. (ios 38 i think it was)

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
DanDaMan11299 said:
Blue-K said:
IOS57 is the new recommended Base (it's also what the WiiMC-Installer uses), just as a mention...
should everything still work ok by the way i installed it???
Yeah, it should. But IOS57 is a bit faster/etc...but you can leave it.

icecold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had the same problem with IOS202 installer and i solved it by repatching IOS36 with dop-mii.

Drizzt26

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(DanDaMan11299 @ Apr 20 2010, 05:49 PM)

Read up on IOS here.

@[member='tj_cool']: I think the IOS202 is needed for DVD? It contains DVDX, and support for DVDX was dropped in many apps, as far as I know (at least from Tantric's side, look at the Changelog from his Emulators..and he's a developer of WiiMC, so, do the math
tongue.gif
.).
this bothered me enough to make and account just for this and the fact that no one else said anything and yes it will make me feel better to say something no matter what you think.
your stupid the wii is a computer it follows lines of command witch is what a computer is your microwave if you have one has a computer in it, it follows your stupid hands attached to your stupid body attached to your stupid head when they press buttons your cellphone, the atari 2600, nintendo, dvd players, tv remote, calculators your vehicles have a computer in it reading lines of command over and over again making sure nothing is wrong many many other things the wii most certainly is a computer. now a few things that are not a computer for stupid people thinking i'm just listing anything electronic a blow dryer is not a computer it does not follow lines of command the switch slides a medal pin up making the electric flow to the motor and it blows, power tools are not, Christmas lights, flash lights, electric lighters, speakers, disposal, older stoves with the medal rings i could go on but maybe you get it now and maybe you will just reply back with a stupid remark or come back but facts are facts wii is a pc it follows lines of command having multiple ios's means nothing on it being a computer or not if anything it only gives it even more lines of command to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1