iOS 12.4 JB released!

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by MUDD_BR, Aug 19, 2019.

1. MUDD_BR
    OP

MUDD_BR GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 17, 2008
    Brazil
    For the first time in a few years we got a jailbreak within a signed version iOS, so, unless you´ve an A12/12x gadget it´s good to go!
    Unc0ver and Chimera released with new iOS versions support, but some tweaks won´t work yet.

2. GhostLatte

GhostLatte GBAtemp's Official Van Master™

Mar 26, 2015
    Antarctica
    Great news for the jailbreaking community! Wanted to try but I'm stuck with A12 devices :P

3. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Jun 12, 2005
    Tethered or untehered?

4. MUDD_BR
    OP

Nov 17, 2008
    Brazil
    That´s sad, but save your Blobs!

Unfortunately tethered; I can´t even remember when we get one untethered JB... But with unc0ver you can reinstall, after a reboot, your JB directly from icon without need to use a PC or connection.

ganons likes this.
  5. bodefuceta

bodefuceta GBAtemp Regular

Apr 3, 2018
    Brazil
    Does any apple user even care? Last time I checked jailbroken ios didn't even have basically functionality like firewall or usb storage, simply because there's no one willing to develop for it. Apple is basically deprecated at this point.

6. osm70

osm70 GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 17, 2011
    Czech Republic
    Actually, it's called Semi-untethered. After a reboot, the device works fine, but without jailbreak being present. To enable the jailbreak again, you just run the app.

And I can remember when we got an untethered one. The last one was on iOS 9.1.

MUDD_BR likes this.
  7. MUDD_BR
    OP

Nov 17, 2008
    Brazil
    You´re right, sir, my mistake. Ah, last one untethered I´ve used was on iOS 8, after that I got one 9.3.3 iPad Pro 1st gen.