Introducing NINJHAX - A Nintendo 3DS Homebrew Exploit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenotoriousrod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably will need it all the time at first then i bet soon after someone will find a way to run devmen and install CIA's

I see. I'm new to the 3ds scene (I've been patiently waiting to jump in as I never had a 4.5 firmware 3ds :( lol) but I was very active in Wii homebrew. So does it work the same for 3ds as in CIA's being the same as CFW's for the Wii?

Assuming a CIA is the same as a CFW for Wii?

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. I'm new to the 3ds scene (I've been patiently waiting to jump in as I never had a 4.5 firmware 3ds :( lol) but I was very active in Wii homebrew. So does it work the same for 3ds as in CIA's being the same as CFW's for the Wii?

Assuming a CIA is the same as a CFW for Wii?

no a CIA is more like a .WAD file on the wii is, you can install roms eshop or retail and other stuff to the home menu the file used to install it is a CIA ,but it only works on 4.5 still, maybe after GW releases their new update it will be possible on 9.x , or maybe ssspwn will be used to create a way to do it in the future ,or maybe they both will end up supporting it

thenotoriousrod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O
no a CIA is more like a .WAD file on the wii is, you can install roms eshop or retail and other stuff to the home menu the file used to install it is a CIA ,but it only works on 4.5 still, maybe after GW releases their new update it will be possible on 9.x , or maybe ssspwn will be used to create a way to do it in the future ,or maybe they both will end up supporting it

Ok that makes perfect sense. So in this way, hypothetically speaking, the rom installed by CIA acts as though if you downloaded it from the eShop? If so, also hypothetically speaking, wouldn't region unlocking also be necessary (at least here in the US) as I hear only the Japanese version works for Smealums exploit?

amoulton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WHIQQh1.png

Calm your tits North America, they're still avail at MSRP

superspudz2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well, pretty useless. i don't think you can get any more obscure than "cubic ninja".

i have literally never seen it anywhere since the 3DS came out. and i always have an eye out for interesting 3DS games, i frequent 3 different walmats, 1 target, and 4 gamestops, and i have never heard of the title until today. maybe its an American only release.

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good, the guy was a dirty prick for intentionally deceiving you, and now that he's been reported, he's gonna have a fun time dealing with that on Amazing. Did you get a refund? If not, challenge that as well with Amazon, you deserve an explanation and a refund at the very least.
yeah they refunded me the money , but I want the game . Here is what the email said.

Greetings from Amazon.com.

Thank you for submitting your report. All reports are reviewed by our investigations team. For privacy reasons, the results of our investigations cannot be disclosed, but please know that we will take any appropriate disciplinary actions.

If you are a buyer and have not received a Marketplace order, please note that items shipped using USPS Standard Rate usually arrive in 4 to 14 business days, but occasionally may take longer. Buyers are encouraged to contact sellers directly with any questions related to delivery time, order details, or to arrange for a return, refund, or exchange.

If you have already contacted your seller, please review the terms of our A-to-z Guarantee. After 30 days, but no longer than 90 days, from the date of purchase, buyers may submit a claim.

Amazon.com A-to-z Guarantee:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=537868

If you have received a suspicious e-mail that appears to be from Amazon.com, or have questions about safety, security and privacy on Amazon.com, please visit our Help Pages below:

Privacy & Security on Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=551434

If you have questions about selling or buying on Amazon.com, please visit our Help Page section at the web pages below:

Selling At Amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=1161234

Ordering from Amazon.com Merchants
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=537794

Thank you again for bringing this matter to our attention.

Best Regards,

Seller Performance Team
Amazon.com

And the is the sellers info http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/detail...82-3501008&seller=APQN046SGQHM3#aag_legalInfo

RenegadeKid

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I hope Smea will provide the links soon, cause since the name of the game was revealed to the public, Nintendo has had a lot of time to look into it and as I said in a previous post, if you look at the Vita hacking scene with the exploits based on saves, you should know that this kind of exploits can be easily patched by Sony and Nintendo with a simple update of the firmware, especially the exploits revealed to the public.

I guess tomorrow or soon, Nintendo is going to update the firmware, our 3DS will be more "stable".

amoulton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope Smea will provide the links soon, cause since the name of the game was revealed to the public, Nintendo has had a lot of time to look into it and as I said in a previous post, if you look at the Vita hacking scene with the exploits based on saves, you should know that this kind of exploits can be easily patched by Sony and Nintendo with a simple update of the firmware, especially the exploits revealed to the public.

I guess tomorrow or soon, Nintendo is going to update the firmware, our 3DS will be more "stable".

I've had my wifi off since they said gateway would work on 9.2

flarn2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused by this part:

I mention that 3DS backups will not be compatible with smealum's exploit so long as it belongs to smealum. The way this exploit was explained to me was that the developers of Cubic Ninja were trying to essentially prevent a backdoor to exploit their code, but in the process of working on that backdoor they opened up a bigger vulnerability, which made this exploit all the more possible. There is a ton more information on smealum's dev blog that goes into the exploit details. In return for the backdoor, unauthorized code is allowed to run in arm11 but it won't be enough to break the system completely down to let people do what they want, ie piracy.​

Did the developers of Cubic Ninja intentionally make it vulnerable or something? And what does "so long as it belongs to smealum" mean?

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait, been waiting forever to run homebrew... Miss me some good old tehskeen quality programs.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

Did the developers of Cubic Ninja intentionally make it vulnerable or something? And what does "so long as it belongs to smealum" mean?

They were trying to avoid such vulnerabilities, but actually an exploitale flaw in their code exist.

amoulton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It means smealum doesn't condone piracy, and as long as he's the one making the software, it's not going to enable 'backups'. I tend to doubt they made their software vulnerable on purpose but who knows. Apparently the company that developed it doesn't exist anymore.

flarn2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It means smealum doesn't condone piracy, and as long as he's the one making the software, it's not going to enable 'backups'. I tend to doubt they made their software vulnerable on purpose but who knows. Apparently the company that developed it doesn't exist anymore.
Well yeah I know that, but that seems to imply he could have made it load backups if he wanted to. If that's the case, once the exploit is public, it's only a matter of time in which someone creates another homebrew loader that uses the same exploit, but does load backups, right?

amoulton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well yeah I know that, but that seems to imply he could have made it load backups if he wanted to. If that's the case, once the exploit is public, it's only a matter of time in which someone creates another homebrew loader that uses the same exploit, but does load backups, right?

This exploit will also not run 3DS ROMs or backups. The way this exploit was explained to me was that the developers of Cubic Ninja were trying to essentially prevent a backdoor to exploit their code, but in the process of working on that backdoor they opened up a bigger vulnerability, which made this exploit all the more possible. There is a ton more information on smealum's dev blog that goes into the exploit details. In return for the backdoor, unauthorized code is allowed to run in arm11 but it won't be enough to break the system completely down to let people do what they want, ie piracy. Looking at the current 4.5 version exploit for flash chips, you have two different exploits, an MSET DS User Profile exploit, providing Arm11 usermode capabilities, and a firmware vulnerability that allows arm9 code execution. The higher firmwares patched the later portion, but the exploit here swaps the firmware exploit with the ability to run arbitrary code, which in turn runs code but can't go much further than that. So this means that while smealum owns the exploit, he is absolutely not going to dabble in modifying it so that piracy can run rampant, but once the exploit goes live, there is no way to predict the course of events that will follow.
(Ryukouki is the source of first-hand knowledge in this thread)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

People really want to discredit his work, don't they? Not to mention, people only want ROM loading just out of spite. Want ROMs? Use a freaking Gateway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM