Introducing NINJHAX - A Nintendo 3DS Homebrew Exploit!

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Ryukouki, Nov 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thenotoriousrod

thenotoriousrod Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2014
    United States
    I see. I'm new to the 3ds scene (I've been patiently waiting to jump in as I never had a 4.5 firmware 3ds :( lol) but I was very active in Wii homebrew. So does it work the same for 3ds as in CIA's being the same as CFW's for the Wii?

Assuming a CIA is the same as a CFW for Wii?

2. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Addict

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    no a CIA is more like a .WAD file on the wii is, you can install roms eshop or retail and other stuff to the home menu the file used to install it is a CIA ,but it only works on 4.5 still, maybe after GW releases their new update it will be possible on 9.x , or maybe ssspwn will be used to create a way to do it in the future ,or maybe they both will end up supporting it

3. Yil

Yil GBAtemp Addict

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    Question, will gateway or sky3ds work

4. thenotoriousrod

thenotoriousrod Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2014
    United States
    O
    Ok that makes perfect sense. So in this way, hypothetically speaking, the rom installed by CIA acts as though if you downloaded it from the eShop? If so, also hypothetically speaking, wouldn't region unlocking also be necessary (at least here in the US) as I hear only the Japanese version works for Smealums exploit?

5. amoulton

amoulton GBAtemp Fan

Nov 18, 2014
    United States
    Franklin, Massachusetts
    [​IMG]

Calm your tits North America, they're still avail at MSRP

6. hyperg

hyperg Member

Newcomer
    Sep 27, 2008
    United States
    Found CubicNinja and my spare, both new in package, now I wait. I assisted with releasing wiiloader back in the day, wish I was still keeping up with the scenes.

7. superspudz2000

superspudz2000 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 23, 2007
    Canada
    well, pretty useless. i don't think you can get any more obscure than "cubic ninja".

i have literally never seen it anywhere since the 3DS came out. and i always have an eye out for interesting 3DS games, i frequent 3 different walmats, 1 target, and 4 gamestops, and i have never heard of the title until today. maybe its an American only release.

8. air2004

air2004 Air

Oct 24, 2008
    United States
    Anytown
    yeah they refunded me the money , but I want the game . Here is what the email said.

Greetings from Amazon.com.

Thank you for submitting your report. All reports are reviewed by our investigations team. For privacy reasons, the results of our investigations cannot be disclosed, but please know that we will take any appropriate disciplinary actions.

If you are a buyer and have not received a Marketplace order, please note that items shipped using USPS Standard Rate usually arrive in 4 to 14 business days, but occasionally may take longer. Buyers are encouraged to contact sellers directly with any questions related to delivery time, order details, or to arrange for a return, refund, or exchange.

If you have already contacted your seller, please review the terms of our A-to-z Guarantee. After 30 days, but no longer than 90 days, from the date of purchase, buyers may submit a claim.

Amazon.com A-to-z Guarantee:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=537868

If you have received a suspicious e-mail that appears to be from Amazon.com, or have questions about safety, security and privacy on Amazon.com, please visit our Help Pages below:

Privacy & Security on Amazon.com
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=551434

If you have questions about selling or buying on Amazon.com, please visit our Help Page section at the web pages below:

Selling At Amazon.com:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=1161234

Ordering from Amazon.com Merchants
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=537794

Thank you again for bringing this matter to our attention.

Best Regards,

Seller Performance Team
    Amazon.com

And the is the sellers info http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/detail...82-3501008&seller=APQN046SGQHM3#aag_legalInfo

9. heartgold

heartgold GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 11, 2009
    London
    Bro, the game doesn't even exist in the UK. Lol nowhere to be found.

10. amoulton

amoulton GBAtemp Fan

Nov 18, 2014
    United States
    Franklin, Massachusetts
    Yeah I feel really bad for UK and seemingly AU. :(

11. RenegadeKid

RenegadeKid GBAtemp Fan

Aug 11, 2013
    France
    I hope Smea will provide the links soon, cause since the name of the game was revealed to the public, Nintendo has had a lot of time to look into it and as I said in a previous post, if you look at the Vita hacking scene with the exploits based on saves, you should know that this kind of exploits can be easily patched by Sony and Nintendo with a simple update of the firmware, especially the exploits revealed to the public.

I guess tomorrow or soon, Nintendo is going to update the firmware, our 3DS will be more "stable".

12. amoulton

amoulton GBAtemp Fan

Nov 18, 2014
    United States
    Franklin, Massachusetts
    I've had my wifi off since they said gateway would work on 9.2

13. flarn2006

flarn2006 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2014
    United States
    I'm confused by this part:

Did the developers of Cubic Ninja intentionally make it vulnerable or something? And what does "so long as it belongs to smealum" mean?

14. TLSS_N

TLSS_N No rice, No life! ~唯

Aug 16, 2010
    United States
    Around
    Can't wait, been waiting forever to run homebrew... Miss me some good old tehskeen quality programs.

15. VinsCool

VinsCool Cattus Incerta Tacitusque

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    They were trying to avoid such vulnerabilities, but actually an exploitale flaw in their code exist.

16. amoulton

amoulton GBAtemp Fan

Nov 18, 2014
    United States
    Franklin, Massachusetts
    It means smealum doesn't condone piracy, and as long as he's the one making the software, it's not going to enable 'backups'. I tend to doubt they made their software vulnerable on purpose but who knows. Apparently the company that developed it doesn't exist anymore.

17. flarn2006

flarn2006 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2014
    United States
    Well yeah I know that, but that seems to imply he could have made it load backups if he wanted to. If that's the case, once the exploit is public, it's only a matter of time in which someone creates another homebrew loader that uses the same exploit, but does load backups, right?

18. clemull

clemull Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2013
    Jamaica
    This person switched the four with the one in the price. Capture.JPG

digipimp75 likes this.
  19. amoulton

amoulton GBAtemp Fan

Nov 18, 2014
    United States
    Franklin, Massachusetts
    (Ryukouki is the source of first-hand knowledge in this thread)

20. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

People really want to discredit his work, don't they? Not to mention, people only want ROM loading just out of spite. Want ROMs? Use a freaking Gateway.

amoulton and VinsCool like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.