Gaming Interne Browsers randomly lose fucking connection.

Jasonage

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This has been going on for about a god damn week now and I'm on the end of my god damn tether. My internet browsers (FF,IE,Chrome) will just randomly lose connection to the internet after a period of time. Any other program such as messenger, my online games, and my xbox will still stay connected to the internet.

This problem is making me reboot the fucking computer about 30+ times per day. I'm using Vista.

Any help is appreciated.

Thankyou.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
If everything else is definitely staying connected then the first two things I'd point a finger at is the firewall or the DNS server (the thing that translates webpage adresses into IP addresses to find things on the internet).

To rule out DNS, when your web browser loses connection, open a command prompt (Start>run, then type "cmd" and press ok) and type the following commands, pressing enter after each one (your firewall might try to block it, if it asks let the connection through)

ping www.google.com

ping 66.102.9.99

If the first one times out but the second one succeeds, then it is a problem with the DNS server. If the second one fails and you've checked that the firewall definitely wasn't blocking the test then that implies you have no connection to the internet at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1