Interne Browsers randomly lose fucking connection.

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Jasonage, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Jasonage
    OP

Member Jasonage GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    This has been going on for about a god damn week now and I'm on the end of my god damn tether. My internet browsers (FF,IE,Chrome) will just randomly lose connection to the internet after a period of time. Any other program such as messenger, my online games, and my xbox will still stay connected to the internet.

This problem is making me reboot the fucking computer about 30+ times per day. I'm using Vista.

Any help is appreciated.

Thankyou.

2. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    If everything else is definitely staying connected then the first two things I'd point a finger at is the firewall or the DNS server (the thing that translates webpage adresses into IP addresses to find things on the internet).

To rule out DNS, when your web browser loses connection, open a command prompt (Start>run, then type "cmd" and press ok) and type the following commands, pressing enter after each one (your firewall might try to block it, if it asks let the connection through)

ping www.google.com

ping 66.102.9.99

If the first one times out but the second one succeeds, then it is a problem with the DNS server. If the second one fails and you've checked that the firewall definitely wasn't blocking the test then that implies you have no connection to the internet at all.

3. MicShadow

Member MicShadow GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    It could also be your router. So check that out

4. ItsMetaKnight

Member ItsMetaKnight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Denmark
    then get a connection that is not "fucking"

5. Jasonage
    OP

Member Jasonage GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the help guys, I have not been able to test it yet, as my computer wasn't connecting at all until this morning.

Also Metaknight, I've tried really hard.

6. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    Vista glitch, install all possible Vista updates