Mugiwara RAWR!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm in quite a predicament. I recently bought a replacement case for my DS Lite. I've done replacement once on a DS Phat and once on a Lite. This time, I screwed up. The little lock for the flat ribbon cable (near the Wi-Fi module) broke off, now I'm having problems connecting it. Everything works fine except that the touch screen is functioning at all. I'm pretty sure the touch screen isn't broken, but I can't figure out how to get the cable in without the lock, which is my main problem. So will I be able to connect the wire with a broken lock, or will I have to get a new motherboard all together?

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well I'm in quite a predicament. I recently bought a replacement case for my DS Lite. I've done replacement once on a DS Phat and once on a Lite. This time, I screwed up. The little lock for the flat ribbon cable (near the Wi-Fi module) broke off, now I'm having problems connecting it. Everything works fine except that the touch screen is functioning at all. I'm pretty sure the touch screen isn't broken, but I can't figure out how to get the cable in without the lock, which is my main problem. So will I be able to connect the wire with a broken lock, or will I have to get a new motherboard all together?

As long as you have a way to fasten the cable so that it doesn't move, it'll be fine. The locks are only there for functional purposes, it shouldn't be a problem if it was just rigged to connect.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night