Hacking Interesting Switch Ban...

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The save of Pokemon aren't hadled by Switch Cloud Save (atleast for now) correct, but I think that Game Freak have their own anticheats system, Game Freak it's a big company that always work with N hand by hand, so it's possible that they can send the data to N and ban your Switch.

Honestly, I don't recomend edit the Pokemon save on a legit and connected to Internet unit.
Isn't Game Freak owned partly by Nintendo? 32% I think.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They might be able to see SXOS for all we know. Since 9.X they added new cartridge firmware, so who knows?
what does cartridge firmware have to do with it? I only use SX on Emunand (file-based, not partition), and when I update, I also update the cartridge slot. I have no reason to want to go back to a lower firmware...

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
what does cartridge firmware have to do with it? I only use SX on Emunand (file-based, not partition), and when I update, I also update the cartridge slot. I have no reason to want to go back to a lower firmware...
Who know what new detection Nintendo added?

Chocola

GBAtemp Meowgular
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Isn't Game Freak owned partly by Nintendo? 32% I think.

It's possible, I remember read something about this but can't know where to find this info now.

Anyways are a big third party of N, I'm sure that they can ban hacked units if they detect any suspicious on their servers data.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@linuxares are right, they can "hide" new detection methods on cartige firmware because they know that aren't fully exploited by the scene for now.

Last edited by Chocola,

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
Like others said, don't use ANY CFW functionality in OFW. Including Checkpoint.
If it's more important for you to be able to play online, by all means send your Switch in, then maybe buy a cheap hackable 2nd Switch in the future? Or hack your "new ipatched" Switch with TX's supposed solution?
Otherwise, keep this one and play nsp's/xci's.

Reactions: ELY_M
D

Deleted User

Who know what new detection Nintendo added?
I've been using SXOS on 9.0.1 and I'm not encountering any ban. I've modded my save for many games including splatoon 2 and pokemon shield. I restore saves I manually edit through the ram editor in emunand and bring them to Sysnand. What am I doing wrong to recieve a ban?

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I've been using SXOS on 9.0.1 and I'm not encountering any ban. I've modded my save for many games including splatoon 2 and pokemon shield. I restore saves I manually edit through the ram editor in emunand and bring them to Sysnand. What am I doing wrong to recieve a ban?
Not restoring your OFW?

Kingfield

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
See it's stories like this which confuse me. Do you have any saves which you uploaded to the cloud?

Otherwise, I think one reason I could have got banned was because I started SSBU with the leaked copy (so maybe the save file start date was automatically instantly flagged?)

RationalityIsLost101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've stuck to sxos emunand on the 4 hacked switches my family uses, the 5th is a pokemon special edition switch that is ipatched. This one is reserved for online for grandkids to use for online party games when they visit.

I have used sxos hidden partition emunand and OFW since December of last year with no issue on a Mario odyssey special edition switch that i kept in box until sxos emunand was proven to be stable and effective. I haven't had any issue on online games such as SSBU Splatoon 2 or tetris 99 which are played on OFW about 1-2 hours a week ever since. I've never tampered with saves on OFW though. I'm not surprised that game save modification has become another target of anti-piracy.

The other 3 might as well be banned as they use sxos CFW exclusively. My kids are all grown and only play on occasion. They never picked up that tech tinker habit of mine.

My advice to OP, if you want online play is go buy a new ipatched switch during cyber monday that has the better battery life for online and keep your hacked switch. Or you don't care for online as much, maybe continue to wait for a switch pro (if they ever go that route, which I have my doubts).

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Kingfield

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If it's more important for you to be able to play online, by all means send your Switch in, then maybe buy a cheap hackable 2nd Switch in the future?

Yeah, I'd rather have it stay hackable, I don't even know if it's worth buying another switch. I was going to send it in because I thought they would just send itback to me if they didnt do anything about it but given stories about them randomly effectively 'confiscating' the switch and sending new ones back etc. I'd rather not risk it, especially with the lack of transparency around what the hell they actually do there.

I haven't come across any stories of people succesfully having bans overturned either so...

D

Deleted User

See it's stories like this which confuse me. Do you have any saves which you uploaded to the cloud?

Otherwise, I think one reason I could have got banned was because I started SSBU with the leaked copy (so maybe the save file start date was automatically instantly flagged?)
All my saves are uploaded to the cloud. Most that are supported

Not restoring your OFW?
I might've not worded it right. I've done this since SXOS release and have not recieved a ban. I only restore save datas that are modified on to Sysnand and run them on OFW online. I've safely dumped over 50 save files of Super mario maker 2 with 60 levels in them from online. The only way I dumped them was either booting Atmosphere/SXOS and using EdiZon or Checkpoint to dump. Still not banned. Help me get banned :rofl:

RationalityIsLost101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All my saves are uploaded to the cloud. Most that are supported

I might've not worded it right. I've done this since SXOS release and have not recieved a ban. I only restore save datas that are modified on to Sysnand and run them on OFW online. I've safely dumped over 50 save files of Super mario maker 2 with 60 levels in them from online. The only way I dumped them was either booting Atmosphere/SXOS and using EdiZon or Checkpoint to dump. Still not banned. Help me get banned :rofl:
I applaud your consistent failure to be banned then! I misunderstood what you stated earlier as well.

Reactions: ELY_M

Chocola

GBAtemp Meowgular
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South

Yes, have a save with start date before release date can be a flag to get banned too

Chocola

GBAtemp Meowgular
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
False information

Not false, the unic legal copies that people get before release date are traced, mostly through eShop.

If you have a save before release date and they don't recognize your account as collaborator or betatester it's a proff that you use a leaked and ilegal copy, to use it you should run the leaked image on hacked Switch, it's very simple.

Note that I said "can be a flag", I didn't ensure 100% that are sure ban, but it's easy to trap hacked Switch's.

Last edited by Chocola,

RationalityIsLost101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not false, the unic legal copies that people get before release date are traced, mostly through eShop.

If you have a save before release date and they don't recognize your account as collaborator or betatester it's a proff that you use a leaked and ilegal copy, to use it you should run the leaked image on hacked Switch, it's very simple.
Just out of curiosity, how would this hold for people who decided to change the date of their switch to idk Jan 2017 for fun, especially those who abuse daily Amiibo powers in say, BOTW. Would they be roasted for having save data that is created under 2017. I haven't poked that much around w/ saves on OFW so excuse my lack of knowledge in this area.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Note that I said "can be a flag", I didn't ensure 100% that are sure ban, but it's easy to trap hacked Switch's.
What if you have your Switch date wrong? I'm sure they don't get the creation timestamp from online, otherwise you wouldn't be able to boot up games for the first time with plane mode on. They couldn't do this and ban lots of Switches where dates could be wrong or never set.

It's more because he used actual Homebrew in OFW. Checkpoint is a homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ