Hacking Interested in hacking / soft-modding my 1st-gen / ambassador edition 3DS (9.4.0-21E | EUR)

grcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Excellent, I will perform this today and report back for comments or questions.

I have decided that I might like to have a Flashcard as well, but I would kind of want to only have to buy one card (so I can use it on DS systems as well). I am not quite sure which to go for, however.

EDIT: Sadly I have had a very odd stumbling block. I simply tried to format the SD card in the system, in order to upgrade to a larger one (64GB). The 3DS wouldn't recognize the larger card -- despite formatting it to FAT32 with 32K Clusters.

I then tried some alternative cards, including a 16GB one, and the original 2GB card. The 3DS has decided that it does not want to read any SD cards apparently.

Is this a known issue? If yes, what is the appropriate solution?

For formatting, I tried Minitool Partition Manager. I will also try the Panasonic Formatter, but I cannot find the recommended 3.1 version. I have instead donwloaded the new 5.0 version and will try that.

EDIT2: Dammit! I am speaking too soon! I can confirm that the Panasonic Formatter (v5.0) solved the problem. I do not know why Minitool would not work correctly. I can now continue this process!

EDIT3: I succesfully followed all steps. I can confirm that everything worked perfectly! I still have a couple of quesions and I might create a new thread for them, if I cannot get answers here:

Question 1: Should I/Do I have to update to the latest firmware? I saw this recommendation in one of the guides. Why would I?
Question 2: If I want to move to a larger SD, is it as simple as using EASUS Partition Manager (FAT 32 / Cluster Size 32K) and then copying and pasting all files from the previous SD to the new one? Or is it more complicated than this?

Last edited by grcd,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D