Instant CFW Payload and Updated Fusee Web Launcher

A while ago, I finally got my jig printed so that I could start hacking my switch, but due to my severe lack of windows pcs, I had to use the Fusee Gelee web launcher made by atlas44. I thought the website looked bland, and I didn't like how the only example payload was just a test. So I now present you with two releases in one:

The Website
My updated website based on atlas44's, is a big CSS improvement and looks improvement. I made most of the elements on the page have some sort of styling, and changed the font away from Times New Roman. There are a lot of javascript edits and such as well.
Features:
  1. Previously mentioned CSS edits
  2. You can now log a payload as bytes (Mostly for my purposes, since that's how I build them into the site)
  3. 3 New built-in payloads have been added, including Hekate v4 and v5, and...
The Payload
I made a modified version of hekate ipl, which immediately boots into CFW, unless you hold minus before booting (Just like how you would hold vol up for rcm) in which case, it will just boot normal hekate ipl. This is mostly just a convenience payload, since I have about +A gagillion files downloaded and its a pain to sort through them to upload a payload, especially when testing homebrew.
It also supports splash screens, which will appear briefly before booting.

How to make a splash screen
Making a splash screen is very simple. Download the payload source code, and enter tools/convert_image. Make sure you have Python 3, not 2 installed, and run
Code:
python(3) convert.py ./image/path.png
. Then put the resulting splash.txt onto your SD Card root, and you're set! Be aware that this will resize the image to 1280x720p, although that should be obvious.

Planned Features:
Splash screen for the payload! That's why theres a 5 second wait time on the payload because in its place is going to be a splash when its ready.
General code cleanup on both ends
Releasing the source for the payload. The only reason its not already out is just because it's a total mess and I haven't even set up a repository for it yet. I can assure you I only changed the amount of lines necessary to make it work. Ill report back with a repo ASAP :P

Downloads/Links:
The website is here, and the payload releases are here.

Source:
Here is the web launcher code (despite the fact that there's no backend so you can just view-source: :/)
And here is the payload code

Huge thanks to Atlas44 for the original website!

Attachments

• 20180519_125912.png
    20180519_125912.png
    302.8 KB · Views: 4,478
Last edited by Enovale,

uzi

Trophies
XP
Country
thank you, good work.

does any one know what ways i can get my switch from 3.0.1 to at least a 4x? or am i able to run these payloads ?
i saw a list of games of which firmware is needed for them to be played.. but which game can i go get in store that has a firmware i can update to?

D

Deleted User

thank you, good work.

does any one know what ways i can get my switch from 3.0.1 to at least a 4x? or am i able to run these payloads ?
i saw a list of games of which firmware is needed for them to be played.. but which game can i go get in store that has a firmware i can update to?

You shouldn't update for this. You are better off staying on 3.0.1 and waiting for Atmosphere. Nothing is really stable yet.

Reactions: Pluupy

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
couldnt get this working on 4.0.1
it would stay on launching for a while

seems my sd card is too small for 32 kb cluster

Last edited by Don Jon,

Leonidas87

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
A while ago, I finally got my jig printed so that I could start hacking my switch, but due to my severe lack of windows pcs, I had to use the Fusee Gelee web launcher made by atlas44. I thought the website looked bland, and I didn't like how the only example payload was just a test. So I now present you with two releases in one:

The Website
My updated website based on atlas44's, is a big CSS improvement and looks improvement. I made most of the elements on the page have some sort of styling, and changed the font away from Times New Roman. There are a lot of javascript edits and such as well.
Features:
  1. Previously mentioned CSS edits
  2. You can now log a payload as bytes (Mostly for my purposes, since that's how I build them into the site)
  3. 3 New built-in payloads have been added, including Hekate v4 and v5, and...
The Payload
I made a modified version of hekate ipl, which immediately boots into CFW, unless you hold minus before booting (Just like how you would hold vol up for rcm) in which case, it will just boot normal hekate ipl. This is mostly just a convenience payload, since I have about +A gagillion files downloaded and its a pain to sort through them to upload a payload, especially when testing homebrew.

Planned Features:
Splash screen for the payload! That's why theres a 5 second wait time on the payload because in its place is going to be a splash when its ready.
General code cleanup on both ends
Releasing the source for the payload. The only reason its not already out is just because it's a total mess and I haven't even set up a repository for it yet. I can assure you I only changed the amount of lines necessary to make it work. Ill report back with a repo ASAP :P

Source:
As stated above, the payload source isn't ready yet, but for now you can have the web launcher code (despite the fact that there's no backend so you can just view-source: :/)
I promise ill release the payload source soon!

Huge thanks to Atlas44 for the original website!

Can we get a copy of the payload file itself so if we wanted to send it locally from our computer as apposed to the website?

ando2011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question, I have an android phone, do I simply hook it into the switch, go to chrome, hit the web site, click run payload? I know I might have to press button combinations on the switch and possibly buy a jig on eBay for a few quid. But is that it? Then the payload is delivered to the switch and I can (eventuality) run homebrew?? I'm on 4.1 I think, any ideas on how to hook the phone into the switch? Or can I just hook the switch into my laptop and do the same? Bear in mind my windows laptop doesn't have a usb 3 port, only usb 2.0 .thanks for any advice. This process reminds me of jailbreaking PS3's with a Nokia n900

Last edited by ando2011,

killplaystation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question, I have an android phone, do I simply hook it into the switch, go to chrome, hit the web site, click run payload? I know I might have to press button combinations on the switch and possibly buy a jig on eBay for a few quid. But is that it? Then the payload is delivered to the switch and I can (eventuality) run homebrew?? I'm on 4.1 I think, any ideas on how to hook the phone into the switch? Or can I just hook the switch into my laptop and do the same? Bear in mind my windows laptop doesn't have a usb 3 port, only usb 2.0 .thanks for any advice. This process reminds me of jailbreaking PS3's with a Nokia n900
It's not compatible with Windows. It works fine for my Android phone you'll just need to make sure you have a cable that matches the USB port you'll need on both ends. For instance I needed a type c to type c cable. And yes all you'll need is that to run the test payload. I believe to run the CFW payload you may need some files on your SD card that's in your switch

Reactions: ando2011

ando2011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not compatible with Windows. It works fine for my Android phone you'll just need to make sure you have a cable that matches the USB port you'll need on both ends. For instance I needed a type c to type c cable. And yes all you'll need is that to run the test payload. I believe to run the CFW payload you may need some files on your SD card that's in your switch
Thanks man, off to eBay I go then to search for a type c to type c cable :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up