Hacking Feedback Picofly Switch Lite Won't reboot or boot after shutting down

Kinokoda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have searched far and wide accross the web looking for help or anyhing but my search has been fruitless. So I decided to finally bite the bullet and come here.

I have a Switch Lite that I modded some months ago, and it has a weird bug. When I power up the unit, everything is fine an I can boot into any os or cfw I want. BUT, if I try to do a reboot or try to power up the unit after shutting it down, the system refuses to boot up, it doesnt even open hekate. the modchip gives me the "*== No eMMC CMD1 request (poor wiring, or dead CPU)" error code. I have checked the wiring of the chip MANY times, the CPU surely isnt dead, and I am left wondering what the F*CK went wrong.

As I was writing this, I tried booting the switch without an SD card in it is able to shut down and go back to the "NO SD FOUND" screen without dissconnecting the battery.

Now you may ask "Why fix this if dissconecting the batery fixes the reboot issue?": Battery Life. The battery capacity is only a THIRD of what it normally is because hekate sets the capacity to 1000 mAh on stattup, if it detects that the battery was dissconnected. Now that isnt terrible, all you need to do is go to ofw/cfw and then back to hekate, it will calibrate itself automatically. Can't do that tho, no rebooting or booting after a shutdown.

I have tried updating the picofly firmware, I tried updating hekate and my payloads. Only thing I havent tried updating is the SD Loader thing.

Ask me for any logs or whatever you may need. HELL, leave this thread here in case this happens to someone else.

If I can fix this, that would be great, and if that is impossible, well tough luck, Ill just get an unpatched unit from eBay.

ohlifilho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
any solution? i have the same problem.
Post automatically merged:

any solution? i have the same problem.

Kinokoda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Maybe a faulty chip. Have you tried it with another one? I always recommend the original ones from WaveShare. A cold solder joint could also be an option.
I did, The technician that installed the PicoFly chip for me also installed a WaveShare microcontroller just to see if the chip was the issue. It wasn't. The issue remained. All the joints were fine and soldered well. So I am still kind of clueless.

Oh and I don't know how I didn't discover this sooner, but the switch CAN reboot every now and again. It is quite random though, so most of the time i need to use the hard disconnect to "reboot". It also fixes the battery capacity.

I genuinely wish there was a more verbose glitch attempt log.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Sup