Hacking Installing WiiWare

arogance1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If I have the Wad for a WiiWare game, can I install with WAD Manager, or do I need something else to be installed first?
The site I got it from says that WiiWare game Wads will brick the Wii

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Erm...it's true that if a custom channel doesn't have the correct settings for the banner of the channel, then it may cause the system menu to not load (this is called a banner brick). If you take precautions, it is easy to fix (just use the same wad manager and the same wad, but select 'uninstall' instead of install).

Of course, the precaution is that you must be able to launch that wad manager first. In other words: you must have a way to not have to rely on the system menu. Having bootmii as boot2 is such a way, but not all wiis can install it that way. fortunately, priiloader works on every wii. Just install that and you should be fine.

Oh, but it's not like the chances of banner bricking by installing are exactly high. If you stick to wiiware of your region, chances are at least 90% that it won't brick.

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Once you have installed the .wad for your game (with Wad Manager), it appears on your Wii menu just the same as if you'd purchased it from the wii shop.

So, just click and play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, there was a power outage while you were sleeping?