Hacking installing wads

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
Trophies
XP
Country
AFAIK, no, but you can run emulators directly off the SD Card now, as long as they do not require a cIOS.

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I was just wondering if it was safe to install wads or will it just not work, just want a couple that point to some emulators.
You should be able to install channel wads just fine (assuming that your wad installer uses AHBPROT and not a custom IOS). You can not install system wads though (system menu or IOS).

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I said in the "HBC :)" topic, I personally found, on an actual Wii, that you can install wads via Multi-Mod Manager without any cIOS. However, other members also claim the program is outdated and dangerous. Nevertheless, at least with only wad installation, I have never had any stability issues at all, and I've easily installed then subsequently removed around 40 wads by now. (all but two of which were N64 VC-injection tests, the other two were for a Genesis and a SNES game that most likely are never going to be available for purchase)

However, I did still make a bootmii NAND backup before doing any WAD installations.

Reactions: Kikirini

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've installed a few wads with no problems... but with no bootmii or priiloader, i made sure they worked properly via dolphin or my reg wii first, just to play it safe.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have successfully installed the Internet Channel and PhotoChannel 1.0 via DOP-MII using the patched IOS236 for vWii.
those 2 channels are not fakesigned and are downloaded right from NUS. they needed IOS236 to bypass the -1017 error.
I also got the Check Mii Out channel working by zeroing out the Ticket's console ID and fakesigning it then i Installed it from a WAD(thanks to damysteryman for the idea).
all 3 channels work fine on WiiMode and the Internet Channel can be moved to SD since its not fakesigned since DOP-Mii downloads it from NUS and installs it the same way the as the eshop would that channel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i guess not...