installing wads

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by grimmghost, Dec 8, 2012.

1. grimmghost
    OP

grimmghost Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    crackville
    so I was just wondering if it was safe to install wads or will it just not work, just want a couple that point to some emulators.

2. muskieratboi

muskieratboi Rydian's got some competition!

Sep 19, 2012
    AFAIK, no, but you can run emulators directly off the SD Card now, as long as they do not require a cIOS.

3. Supercool330

Supercool330 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 28, 2008
    United States
    You should be able to install channel wads just fine (assuming that your wad installer uses AHBPROT and not a custom IOS). You can not install system wads though (system menu or IOS).

4. Nintendo Maniac

Nintendo Maniac GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 26, 2007
    United States
    As I said in the "HBC :)" topic, I personally found, on an actual Wii, that you can install wads via Multi-Mod Manager without any cIOS. However, other members also claim the program is outdated and dangerous. Nevertheless, at least with only wad installation, I have never had any stability issues at all, and I've easily installed then subsequently removed around 40 wads by now. (all but two of which were N64 VC-injection tests, the other two were for a Genesis and a SNES game that most likely are never going to be available for purchase)

However, I did still make a bootmii NAND backup before doing any WAD installations.

Kikirini likes this.
  5. Smashbro29

Smashbro29 GBAtemp Fan

May 25, 2009
    United States
    I wouldn't run emulators unless there was a way to force 4:3 aspect ratio in games.

6. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    Most of the emulators have zoom modes and resizable zoom modes to counter this. even the emulators that ran on the xbox 1 could do this.

7. mastershoes

mastershoes GameTDB Mod

Jun 25, 2011
    United States
    I've installed a few wads with no problems... but with no bootmii or priiloader, i made sure they worked properly via dolphin or my reg wii first, just to play it safe.

8. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    I have successfully installed the Internet Channel and PhotoChannel 1.0 via DOP-MII using the patched IOS236 for vWii.
    those 2 channels are not fakesigned and are downloaded right from NUS. they needed IOS236 to bypass the -1017 error.
    I also got the Check Mii Out channel working by zeroing out the Ticket's console ID and fakesigning it then i Installed it from a WAD(thanks to damysteryman for the idea).
    all 3 channels work fine on WiiMode and the Internet Channel can be moved to SD since its not fakesigned since DOP-Mii downloads it from NUS and installs it the same way the as the eshop would that channel.