Hacking installing Priiloader with 4.1U issues

sylvie.p

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been following tj_cool's SoftModGuide (http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/system-hacks/priiloader) but the Priiloader install doesn't work. I get the error often mentioned (IOSxx needs to be patched or use and etc...)
I've patched IOS 55, 53, and 50 but it's still not working and I only have stub for ciOS249.

How do I install Priiloader?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You must install it with THIS guide.
edit: before you start you must patch IOS36 with all patches. Open Dop-Mii, select IOS36, go to IOS, MIOS, BC, select IOS36 v3351, press plus, answer all four questions with YES, and download from NUS.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sylvie.p said:
I've been following tj_cool's SoftModGuide (http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/system-hacks/priiloader) but the Priiloader install doesn't work. I get the error often mentioned (IOSxx needs to be patched or use and etc...)
I've patched IOS 55, 53, and 50 but it's still not working and I only have stub for ciOS249.

How do I install Priiloader?

lol. lol hard.

remove stub
install cIOS
hold b to use it to install priiloader.
done.

sylvie.p

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi FIX94!
Thanks for your help yesterday. I got to system menu 4.1 thanks to you!

I have IOS36 (v3351) patched with Trucha, ES_Identity, and NAND access;
IOS60 (v6174) however, does NOT have ES_Identity. Is that an issue?

When I start Priiloader installer from the HBC, it looks like it keeps looking for a different OIS each time... I already added IOS55 (5662), OIS53 (5662) and OIS50 (4889) and check all patches but none of these 3 show the ES_Identity patch (I ran the syscheck)...

That's I started a new post.

sylvie.p

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VashTS,
Uisng a cIOS is the next thing I would look at. Any recommendation on where to go get one that will work for Priiloader?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
sylvie.p said:
VashTS,
Uisng a cIOS is the next thing I would look at. Any recommendation on where to go get one that will work for Priiloader?
Before install priiloader, you must patch IOS60 like you patched IOS36 with Dop-Mii. And to the cIOS, install cIOS249 v20 base 56 after priiloader works.

sylvie.p

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I loaded IOS60 (v6174) again (from NUS) and I say "yes" to all patches when prompted, but when I run syscheck, it doesn't show the ES_Identity patch...

sylvie.p

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's what I just did and it doesn't show the ES_Identy patch even though I checked "Yes" at the prompt.
this is what happened too for the other IOSes (55, 53, and 50) I tried to patch... the ES_Identity patch doesn't stick...

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
strange... I don't know if it's important, I think yes. It would be great to know if priiloader need it.

sylvie.p

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The other thing called for in TJ_Cool's guide is a downgrade of IOS15 that supposedly DOP-Mii does by itself when installing IOS36 with FakeSign...
I am out of options at this point.

sylvie.p

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for all the help I received on this.
I finally was able to get Priiloader installed on system menu 4.1U (through a cIOS) and that seems to work.
EXCEPT, I can't get the hacks to work. I've read about the line break issues and am now trying to figure this out...
Next step will be backup launchers. I have ISOs but I need to figure out what to do with them...
I will probably continue to spend time on this forum. I've learned a bunch reading the posts. Let's hope I can remember some of it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol +1