Homebrew Installing oot3dhax VIA powersaves.

FelixD73

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I have read on various places that it is possible to directly access the homebrew channel with a copy of oot3d and powersaves. Is there a well explained easy to follow guide?

I've been searching a lot, and all I found were extremely unprecise guides probably made for advanced hackers.

I just started following 3ds hack scene but I've followed ps vita wii and ps3 hack scene before, so i'm not a COMPLETE noob.

Thanks in advance.

I would greatly appreciate an answer lol

Bump?

sgtPembry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There is a sticky thread called Helpful 3DS homebrew threads/links. Or follow the first link after typing "oot3dhax" in any search engine.

FelixD73

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Like I said, the instructions I found we're unclear. and thanks ihaveamac my problem is how to inject the file to the cartridge

sgtPembry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
  • 1) Backup your gamecard savedata with Powersaves, even if you don't want to keep that savedata.
  • 2) In Windows Explorer, goto "C:\Users\YourUsername\Powersaves3DS".
  • 3) Copy the saveimage you selected from the saveimages_powersaves directory in the release-archive as described above, to this Powersaves3DS directory.
  • 4) Rename your backup save to a different filename.
  • 5) Rename the oot3dhax saveimage to the filename which the backup save had originally.
  • 6) Use Powersaves to restore the save.
What is unclear ?

FelixD73

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wow thanks actually I had not see that, I found a youtube video made by a 12 years old kid doing more complicated stuff than that, idk () can you tell me if this is legi?

Also, will this work on the newest frimware 3ds and will I need ocarina of time every time I want to launch homebrew channel? thanks for the help

sgtPembry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You need the game to run the Homebrew launcher. That's why I finally bought the eshop version. And yeah, it works on 10.3.

FelixD73

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You have not to change cartridge all time. That's all. You'll quickly see it's much better.

but how can you inject ocarina of time hax save to the digital version? I thought thats why you need powersaves, to inject the save file to the cartridge?

sgtPembry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Once you can launch HBL you can use the oothax installer or copy the save files from your cartridge to the digital version with svdt. You'll easily find tutorials to do that.

FelixD73

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oh alright thats good, thanks for the help. Basically, if I have a 3ds on version 10.3, a powersaves and a copy of oot 3d cartridge im all good? thats what I wanted to make sure before spending 40$ on oot 3d

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)