Installing oot3dhax VIA powersaves.

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by FelixD73, Nov 24, 2015.

1. FelixD73
    OP

FelixD73 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2015
    Canada
    Hi, I have read on various places that it is possible to directly access the homebrew channel with a copy of oot3d and powersaves. Is there a well explained easy to follow guide?

I've been searching a lot, and all I found were extremely unprecise guides probably made for advanced hackers.

I just started following 3ds hack scene but I've followed ps vita wii and ps3 hack scene before, so i'm not a COMPLETE noob.

Thanks in advance.

I would greatly appreciate an answer lol

Bump?

2. sgtPembry

sgtPembry Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2015
    France
    There is a sticky thread called Helpful 3DS homebrew threads/links. Or follow the first link after typing "oot3dhax" in any search engine.

3. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
  4. FelixD73
    OP

FelixD73 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2015
    Canada
    Like I said, the instructions I found we're unclear. and thanks ihaveamac my problem is how to inject the file to the cartridge

5. sgtPembry

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2015
    France
    What is unclear ?

6. FelixD73
    OP

FelixD73 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2015
    Canada
    wow thanks actually I had not see that, I found a youtube video made by a 12 years old kid doing more complicated stuff than that, idk () can you tell me if this is legi?

Also, will this work on the newest frimware 3ds and will I need ocarina of time every time I want to launch homebrew channel? thanks for the help

7. sgtPembry

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2015
    France
    You need the game to run the Homebrew launcher. That's why I finally bought the eshop version. And yeah, it works on 10.3.

8. FelixD73
    OP

FelixD73 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2015
    Canada

I have both cartridge version and digital version, whats the advantage of having the digital version?

9. sgtPembry

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2015
    France
    You have not to change cartridge all time. That's all. You'll quickly see it's much better.

10. FelixD73
    OP

FelixD73 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2015
    Canada
    but how can you inject ocarina of time hax save to the digital version? I thought thats why you need powersaves, to inject the save file to the cartridge?

11. sgtPembry

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2015
    France
    Once you can launch HBL you can use the oothax installer or copy the save files from your cartridge to the digital version with svdt. You'll easily find tutorials to do that.

12. FelixD73
    OP

FelixD73 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2015
    Canada
    oh alright thats good, thanks for the help. Basically, if I have a 3ds on version 10.3, a powersaves and a copy of oot 3d cartridge im all good? thats what I wanted to make sure before spending 40$ on oot 3d