Hacking Installing Netflix Channel on European Wii

Nifta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I live in Canada, but have a European Wii (running 4.2E, with softmod)

I've got a Netflix subscription, but would prefer to use that through my Wii. What are the options for accessing Netflix on my European Wii? I'd prefer to not install an American version of the System Menu if possible.

Thanks
John

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've not tried it myself, but i think the disc (or disc iso) is obsolete now that the channel is available....launching the disc just tells you to download the channel....

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Get the wad, pm me if you can't find it
wink2.gif

Nifta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the responses!
smile.gif
Can I install a US channel on a European Wii without problems? If so, I'll take a look about for a WAD. Thanks!

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nifta said:
Thanks for the responses!
smile.gif
Can I install a US channel on a European Wii without problems? If so, I'll take a look about for a WAD. Thanks!
Yes, simply make it region free before or use the priiloader region free hack.

steve007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where do I get the wad I called Netflix they no longer have the wii dvd verson. I am useing 4.2u
Moded and get this I was playing Pokemon wii poke park it was bad colors red and white lines but worked though on the usb loader is there a color one out there so i can injoy the game ? Thats 2 questions if you can answer them I thank you.

PS: please PM me the answers I be hear to as well

cool.gif

swiit

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a European WII, 4.3E with HBC, and would like to install Netflix.

I see there might be different ways to install Netflix:
1) using wad
2) by loading the Netflix streaming DVD onto a USB stick
3) through the U.S. Wii shop channel

In trying #1, the wad does put the Netflix channel on the Wii menu, but launching it results in a black screen with a bunch of numbers, then the word "reload" and then the Wii freezes.

I've heard that #2 does not work anymore, though I do have the NTSC DVD they sent me a while back.

My attempt at #3 - download of the channel - has met with no success (is this a 4.3E issue?) as my Wii Shop channel remains European. I thought of changing the region of my Wii so that I could access the Netflix channel through the U.S. shop, but would that also prevent me from playing European game discs?

Thanks for the feedback - I'm quite new at this.

Nifta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Swiit,

I've not tried any methods yet (we're about to have a baby, so rather busy at the moment!). It looks like installing the wad won't work then without reflashing the wii to be a north american System Menu.

I guess I may as well switch my Wii's region. I'll lose iPlayer channel, but that does IP checks so it's useless to me over here anyway
smile.gif

Swiit, you can still load other region games by using Gecko (you can install that if you have HBC installed). At this stage about half of my games are European and half are North American anyway, so I have to use Gecko a lot anyway!

Does anyone know if I'll lose my Nintendo Shop Channel points if I reflash my Wii to a North American System Menu?

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Nifta said:
Hey Swiit,

I've not tried any methods yet (we're about to have a baby, so rather busy at the moment!). It looks like installing the wad won't work then without reflashing the wii to be a north american System Menu.

I guess I may as well switch my Wii's region. I'll lose iPlayer channel, but that does IP checks so it's useless to me over here anyway
smile.gif

Swiit, you can still load other region games by using Gecko (you can install that if you have HBC installed). At this stage about half of my games are European and half are North American anyway, so I have to use Gecko a lot anyway!

Does anyone know if I'll lose my Nintendo Shop Channel points if I reflash my Wii to a North American System Menu?
If you're pirating, why do your shop channel points matter? Can't you just buy wiiware/vc on there (which you can just download)?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nifta said:
Hey Swiit,

smile.gif

System menu doesn't matter. It won't make a difference. Does the disc work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You'd stay on it longer if anything