Homebrew Installing Homebrew things from start, for a complete novice

Estradus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! I'm trying to hack my 3ds for the first time, specifically the point I'm trying to reach is installing JKSM. Unfortunately, the steps leading up to this have confused me. The numerous means of hacking and the various names of the hacks and etc have created a cryptic barrier for me, and I'm not sure what, exactly, I need to install. There are plenty of guides online for how to install various steps, so I dont nessecerially need hand-holding the whole way through - just the initial cognitive barrier.

At current I have two 3dses, one with a current version of the firmware and one I bought used because I was under the impression that the hacks wouldnt work on the newest firmware, that one is currently on version 5.1.0-10u.

Thank you very much for your help!

D

Deleted User

You should easily be able to hack the 5.1 one using 3ds.guide, and then hack the one on the latest firmware using the one you just hacked (and 3ds.guide).
Cheers!

Estradus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, thats what I've been using, I'm just not sure on the difference between CIA and FBI and like.... these acronyms are basically imossible to google. If B9S is what I need, I'll just go back to following that guide then. Thanks for the help!

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, thats what I've been using, I'm just not sure on the difference between CIA and FBI and like.... these acronyms are basically imossible to google. If B9S is what I need, I'll just go back to following that guide then. Thanks for the help!
CIA = CTR Importable Archive, basically an application package for 3DS. (Similar to WAD files on Wii.)
FBI = homebrew CIA installer and title manager.

Reactions: TankedThomas

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: New Orange Pi 🥰