Gaming Installing Games Without CD

TwinBlades

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, we just upgraded one of our very ancient computers back from the 90's (We owned one since then) to a top notch gaming computer (not like $5000 but average). However the problem atm is that we don't have those disk drive things so we can't install any games

DarkCrudus

The Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you could get the iso files for them using clone cd, or something like that, or you could find the iso in the net. then use programs like daemon tools or poweriso to mount the iso n run it that way

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
TwinBlades said:
Is there a way to some how install the games while the disks are in another computer? (LAN)

You can setup file sharing across a LAN and then share the CD/DVD drive the same way you would share a folder.

TwinBlades

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
O.O thx for the quick responses guys. I got one problem though, I baught a used starcraft 1 long time ago and that CD Key never worked online which meant that I couldn't go online with both brood war and original.

My broodwar however is non-used game so I don't know if the installer thing will work if I register battlenet and such?

And for the network connection where you can transfer files and such, I can only see like the main drive D or G in my situation. No C drive, or the disk drive folder shows up.

This is off topic but if anyone here does play the broodwar starcraft, do you guys play on private dedicated servers? If so how? I've searched everywhere but all it gives me is gateway editor which I used for Diablo but forgot how it worked.

Thanks a bunch yall
smile.gif

mrSmiles

Dundunduuuun
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TwinBlades said:
O.O thx for the quick responses guys. I got one problem though, I baught a used starcraft 1 long time ago and that CD Key never worked online which meant that I couldn't go online with both brood war and original.

My broodwar however is non-used game so I don't know if the installer thing will work if I register battlenet and such?

And for the network connection where you can transfer files and such, I can only see like the main drive D or G in my situation. No C drive, or the disk drive folder shows up.

This is off topic but if anyone here does play the broodwar starcraft, do you guys play on private dedicated servers? If so how? I've searched everywhere but all it gives me is gateway editor which I used for Diablo but forgot how it worked.

Thanks a bunch yall
smile.gif

problem number 1> you bought a used pc game, expecting it to work online.

there's that hamachi program (i think this is the one)

MarioBrotha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, most if not all of the old starcraft keys have been used. You need the original Starcraft to be able to play on B.net, it doesn't matter wether you have a clean copy of Brood War or not.

I suggest Garena, though I keep getting pwned, maybe we could play sometime
smile.gif

luckwii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They have external DVD/CD drives pretty cheap. You said it is a gaming computer. Why not get an external? Or, take a drive oout of one of your other computers and temp it in the gaming computer. Then install everything from CD that you need to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY