Hacking Installing/converting retail game updates to fpkg's?

• Thread starter kg2
  • Start date
  • Views 24,373
  • Replies 38
  • Likes 1

kg2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious if there's any methods of installing retail game updates on top of fpkg's or converting those retail game updates to fpkg.

I came across the recent Modded Warfare video about installing game updates offline, and it included retail. I'm not sure if they can be installed over fpkg games though.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Reactions: lucky13

kg2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh gotcha. Well, that's unfortunate. I assumed that recent method of installing game updates offline perhaps could have worked.

Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

HenryTee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
May i know how does this can solve the problems?

Files needed:
FAKE PKG TOOLS V 3.87 (Build 3.87.7549.35163) (you must find this yourself)
A FAKE SIGNED (GAME or PATCH) PKG that you want to modify (you must find this yourself)
Notepad
Hex Editor.
Instructions:
Open the F-signed game PKG with PUBCHK (pkg pass should be: 32x "0"'s), extract the IMAGE0/EBOOT.BIN and the entire SC0 folder to a memorable location.
Drag the SC0 folder into the IMAGE0 folder, and rename the SCO folder to "sce_sys".
MODIFY YOUR PKG CONTENTS HERE: swap textures, edit eboots/files: do what you like!
Use GENGP4 to make a gp4 of the project (if modding a PATCH pkg make gp4 after the modification of the SFO file)
Open the GP4 in notepad and change "<volume_type>pkg_ps4_app</volume_type>" to "<volume_type>pkg_ps4_patch</volume_type>" &
"digital50" to "digital25".
Open PARAM.SFO in hexeditor, search for and change "1.00...........gd" to "1.01...........gp" and save. (GD = game disc, GP = game patch)
Open the GP4 in PUBGEN, go to PROJECT SETTINGS, set passcode to the same as base game/patch pkg had: this must match) > in PATCH tab select the original base PKG you used > then build the modified PKG.
Install through DEBUG settings on PS4.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Files needed:
A FAKE SIGNED (GAME or PATCH) PKG that you want to modify (you must find this yourself)
Notepad
Hex Editor.
Instructions:
Open the F-signed game PKG with PUBCHK (pkg pass should be: 32x "0"'s), extract the IMAGE0/EBOOT.BIN and the entire SC0 folder to a memorable location.
Drag the SC0 folder into the IMAGE0 folder, and rename the SCO folder to "sce_sys".
MODIFY YOUR PKG CONTENTS HERE: swap textures, edit eboots/files: do what you like!
Use GENGP4 to make a gp4 of the project (if modding a PATCH pkg make gp4 after the modification of the SFO file)
Open the GP4 in notepad and change "<volume_type>pkg_ps4_app</volume_type>" to "<volume_type>pkg_ps4_patch</volume_type>" &
Open PARAM.SFO in hexeditor, search for and change "1.00...........gd" to "1.01...........gp" and save. (GD = game disc, GP = game patch)
Open the GP4 in PUBGEN, go to PROJECT SETTINGS, set passcode to the same as base game/patch pkg had: this must match) > in PATCH tab select the original base PKG you used > then build the modified PKG.
thanks, I'll try this method tomorrow morning when I have more time. I had been doing it manually due to an issue with the param.sfo and the gp4 not recognizing the update as a patch. manually, no issues, just more time-consuming and without a gp4.

edit: it was reading the param.sfo app version as the master version through orbis, so it kept messing things up. lol manually, I was able to make a fake pkg with app version 99.99 or A9999 as the pkg was called. that did in fact work.

HenryTee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
how about i use the merge functions on PKG packages viewer? to merge the main game and update files together, i trying now see it work or not? have anyone done this before and tell me how is results?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Files needed:
Notepad
Hex Editor.
Instructions:
I tried creating a fake pkg using this tutorial, but it didn't work. the problem was the param.sfo. hex editing it corrupted it somehow. it was just like the above, so I created a new param.sfo, and I dropped the gp4 entirely, so I made this package from scratch, adding everything to chunk#0. I deleted what I didn't need like the about folder, license.dat, everything that's created automatically by orbis, and I got it to work, I made up the version number. I've done this before with axiom verge at app version 99.99 (smallest pkg possible), and the game worked, no issues. :D:

1639849561396.png

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, you just have to dump the patch, make a gp4, keep the base game pkg in the same location, then build with orbis. it's not very hard. though, there was/is a bug if the app A0100 and master version V0100 are not what I just typed. if it says something like V0101 for the base game, it error not being able to find the base game. if you need to remarry the package, use duxa repacker.

eltutz_

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Helena
I tried creating a fake pkg using this tutorial, but it didn't work. the problem was the param.sfo. hex editing it corrupted it somehow. it was just like the above, so I created a new param.sfo, and I dropped the gp4 entirely, so I made this package from scratch, adding everything to chunk#0. I deleted what I didn't need like the about folder, license.dat, everything that's created automatically by orbis, and I got it to work, I made up the version number. I've done this before with axiom verge at app version 99.99 (smallest pkg possible), and the game worked, no issues. :D:

View attachment 290256
Could you please make a post with a detailed tutorial about this or link me to one? I haven't been able to find it anywhere else, and since this is my first time modding the PS4 I still didn't get the hang of it.

eltutz_

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Helena

View attachment 290256
Could you please make a post with a detailed tutorial about this or link me to one? I haven't been able to find it anywhere else, and since this is my first time modding the PS4 I still didn't get the hang of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1