Hacking Installing cfw dlc titles with retail discs

ghostbit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How might this be done? Mario Kart 8 is giving me a real fit when I try to download and install the dlc using NUSspli, and Injustice gives me the same complaints, but I somehow managed to install the smash bros dlc with no issue earlier. I have no memory of what I did differently, but I may have gotten that one from, ahem, other sources.

I'd rather not install everything to usb as it is limited space and cheap quality.

The closest solution I can find is here (h ttps://gbat emp.net/threads/botw-dl c-with-a-disc.486828/), but that requires an installation that refuses to take place and involves complex hex editing and is three years old, so I suspect I'm missing something far simpler....

Oh, and I'm on CBHC, if that is unclear.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How might this be done? Mario Kart 8 is giving me a real fit when I try to download and install the dlc using NUSspli, and Injustice gives me the same complaints, but I somehow managed to install the smash bros dlc with no issue earlier. I have no memory of what I did differently, but I may have gotten that one from, ahem, other sources.

I'd rather not install everything to usb as it is limited space and cheap quality.

The closest solution I can find is here (h ttps://gbat emp.net/threads/botw-dl c-with-a-disc.486828/), but that requires an installation that refuses to take place and involves complex hex editing and is three years old, so I suspect I'm missing something far simpler....

Oh, and I'm on CBHC, if that is unclear.
If you're already using CBHC, you just need to download the DLC using Wii U USB Loader and install it with your favorite WUP Installer. You don't need to try to legitimize the tickets if you have CBHC.

Reactions: jeannotte

ghostbit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nusspli downloads the files in the same format, right? Yet wup installer gx still errors out.....

I get unhandled exceptions when I try to use usb loader, probably because I only have access to a crappy vista laptop atm, so I think on-console solutions or direct download sites are likely my only options.

I wonder what could be going wrong if not the fact that it's a retail disc making the dlc association difficult. installing via nusspli it insists that I need to install the game to the same storage medium, meanwhile usb helper just gives a generic failure or a frozen progress bar. No idea what to make of it.

Even the couple mb worth of disc-unlocking dlc for injustice freezes at 1.1 mb when using wup installer for some reason.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nusspli downloads the files in the same format, right? Yet wup installer gx still errors out.....

I get unhandled exceptions when I try to use usb loader, probably because I only have access to a crappy vista laptop atm, so I think on-console solutions or direct download sites are likely my only options.

I wonder what could be going wrong if not the fact that it's a retail disc making the dlc association difficult. installing via nusspli it insists that I need to install the game to the same storage medium, meanwhile usb helper just gives a generic failure or a frozen progress bar. No idea what to make of it.

Even the couple mb worth of disc-unlocking dlc for injustice freezes at 1.1 mb when using wup installer for some reason.
As a matter of troubleshooting, try files downloaded with Wii U USB Helper.

Also, you should really update your laptop to Windows 10. Windows Vista hasn't received security support in ages.

Reactions: jeannotte

ghostbit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vista is awful in every way, I'd definitely not be using it if I had a choice, but I'm stuck with it atm, I'd rather not get into the details though.

I assume whatever networking calls it uses don't exist on vista, this is the error log it gives me: htt ps: //pastebin.co m/vWGzKa4B

And now that that ISO site is gone, I'm unsure where I might find those files in a correct format...

Last edited by ghostbit,

ghostbit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that's interesting.

I seem to be faced with a few separate issues.

So I managed to obtain a usb helper version of the dlc. It was the same format as nusspli upon first install, nothing was different on the disc whatsoever. I checked the data manager, and found that my save files and update data for mk8 were found both on nand and in the usb hdd. This may have been because I originally had the wrong titleid and had attempted to download the full game before deleting, correcting, and attempting dlc install prior to making this topic. Attempting to install again, yet again nothing happened. Returned to data manager, deleted the 'downloadable content' entry for mk8, and installed from wup installer again. Success!

Confident I'd discovered the issue, the duplicate saves and data and/or broken install process from nusspli, I used nusspli to download injustice dlc from NUS without installing, then installed with wup installer.

Continues to be frozen at 1.1 MB, no change.

So, either something is wrong with the way nusspli tickets/downloads specifically DLC (I can't see how, as both it and WUUH download directly from NUS, but I have no clue on this subject really), since full games dl/install fine, something is specifically wrong with injustice, or there's an entirely different phantom issue in play. Very odd.

ghostbit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, completely bizarre.

I obtained a copy of WUUH version of the injustice dlc and it installs just fine. I'd tried a version from both nusspli and wupdownloader, both of which ALSO download from NUS, and both of those froze the exact same way.

I wonder what could be different about their protocol that could cause this issue?

Moobaks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you ever the MK8 DLC running? I have my Zelda Wii U with all my original plays and purchases and saves, I am setting up a second Wii U in my bedroom, I just finished ripping all my Wii U discs, being running the updates on each game by launching them, then creating a default save file, then using NUSspli to download the DLC.

What I have had work on other games is telling NUSspli to Download ONLY to USB, then when I launch the game normally, it installs the updates. MK8 is not doing that. When I open WUPinstaller, NUSspli does not place the downloaded files into the INSTALL folder that WUPinstaller looks for.

What's the solution?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Games are starting to come out that can only be played on series x, not series s. I feel bad for...