Hacking Installed bad theme, wii bricked and need assistance

pgbedinghaus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a note I have starfall installed on my Wii. I installed the recovery console when "Y" is pressed on the first GC pad and any title changer and any region changer. My problem with using starfall to fix my Wii is that I think that when you install these options some data is stored on your SD card and all the starfall data on my SD card got deleted by mistake before the Wii bricked. So if anyone who has these files(if there actually are any) could post them so I could download them I would gladly try this. Or if there is a procedure that I don't know about on initiating the recovery in recovery console I would appreciate a guide.

As a side note:
Happy 4th of July!!!!!
grog.gif

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
...and then the burnt disk should start homebrew channel (which is included on the disk) and from there you can start any prog on your sd

pgbedinghaus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sirakain said:
you don't need any files on SD, just put your GC controller on first slot and press Y and boot the wii

When I do this the Wii simply displays the firmware version 3.2U. It doesn't do anything else. I have also attempted to update the firmware version through this menu but to no avail.

pgbedinghaus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
supagusti said:
...and then the burnt disk should start homebrew channel (which is included on the disk) and from there you can start any prog on your sd

I didn't notice that you posted the discs won't boot without a mod-chip. I figured they wouldn't but I thought it wouldn't hurt to try. I know the Wii will boot some burned discs without a mod-chip if they have cIOS and I didn't know if this method would work for the boot disc. As a reference this site has the method I used to softmod my Wii so you know exactly what is on my Wii incase it helps.http://www.haklabs.com/2009/how-to-softmod-hack-the-wii I installed using the 3.3 firmware instructions, then I downgraded to firmware version 3.2 using any region changer. I installed starfall after I downgraded. Then I installed the tweakmii and the themes.

sirakain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Huuuu do you have a modchip/cIOSCorp ?
You need it to boot the autobootdisc, since it's trucha patched, therefore the IOS needs to be Trucha Patched too

pgbedinghaus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sirakain said:
Huuuu do you have a modchip/cIOSCorp ?
You need it to boot the autobootdisc, since it's trucha patched, therefore the IOS needs to be Trucha Patched too

I don't have a modchip, though I did install a cIOS. I don't know exactly if it is Trucha Patched or not but I included a link to the site I used to softmod my Wii and the major steps I took after softmodding it. The only other things I have done to my Wii besides previously listed is install a USB loader and install a couple wii ware .wads and the opera internet browser. Just to clear up is cIOSCORP any cIOS or a secific one/set of cIOSs. TY for help

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Without a modchip oder CIOSCORP you can't boot a burnt disk.
Use an original disk with 3.4 or higher to update your console.

hackotedelaplaqu

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
Without modchip or CIOSCORP (all ios with DIP module, not only 249) you won't be able to start an autoboot disc.

(Maybe you can try patching your autoboot iso with iospatcher to 249, but I'm unsure it'll work)

pgbedinghaus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hackotedelaplaque said:
Without modchip or CIOSCORP (all ios with DIP module, not only 249) you won't be able to start an autoboot disc.

(Maybe you can try patching your autoboot iso with iospatcher to 249, but I'm unsure it'll work)

I know for a fact that my console had IOS 249 on it. How would I go about trying the method you just listed?

Here is the video I made and uploaded of my Wii, still has the custom menu on it, so you can see exactly what it is that I was talking about.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
just a thought can you get to the SD menu in the settings !? maby you can install bootmii if it does and get to the homebrew channel through bootmii!?

its a longshot but worth trying
smile.gif

pgbedinghaus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:
just a thought can you get to the SD menu in the settings !? maby you can install bootmii if it does and get to the homebrew channel through bootmii!?

its a longshot but worth trying
smile.gif

I can't access the wii button menu at all. So I cant open data management or wii settings and since I'm on firmware version 3.2U I can't access the SD card from the main menu and can only access it by going through the data management menu.

middeloni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do you have internet and wiiconnect24 on? if so, you can go to the calendar, go to the day 4.0 came out and update through that message, just my 2 cents.

pgbedinghaus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
middeloni said:
Do you have internet and wiiconnect24 on? if so, you can go to the calendar, go to the day 4.0 came out and update through that message, just my 2 cents.

OMG!!!! That worked Wow I can't believe that it was really that easy! Middeloni I would just like to point out that you are not only a gentleman, but also a scholar! I bow to you.
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

I would also like to thank everyone who posted to this thread, you are all awesome for trying to help me out. This is by far the best forum that I have ever used and I will do what I can from now on to help others here.
yay.gif
Enjoy your 4th of July, if applicable.

middeloni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wow, youre kidding me aren't you???, if not congratulations with your fixed wii, remeber to install preloader and/or bootmii and downgrade ios 35 and so on.

I'm glad that I could be of any use ^.^

pgbedinghaus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
middeloni said:
wow, youre kidding me aren't you???, if not congratulations with your fixed wii, remeber to install preloader and/or bootmii and downgrade ios 35 and so on.

I'm glad that I could be of any use ^.^

Yea it's fixed and everything now w00t. How would I go about installing bootmii on firmware 4.0? And also what is IOS 35 and why do I need to downgrade it? I'm sorry I don't know so I'm trying to learn
wacko.gif
Any thoughts on why my USB loader would stop working after an update?

middeloni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I believe this is explained in a thread called ultimate 4.0 guide. 4.0 has some kind of homebrewprotection in ios 35 so you'll need to downgrade. You will also need to reinstall a cios. Bootmii can be installed through the hackmii package.

srry for the link, here is the fixed link

pgbedinghaus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
middeloni said:
I believe this is explained in a thread called ultimate 4.0 guide. 4.0 has some kind of homebrewprotection in ios 35 so you'll need to downgrade. You will also need to reinstall a cios. Bootmii can be installed through the hackmii package.
link to the 4.0 guide

TY again for all your help. btw the link leads back to this thread....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k