Hacking Install WII (not WII U) games to WII U internal storage?

Mindtrip

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Thanks to a wealth of good information on this site I've successfully installed HAXCHI and CBHC. Yay!
Is it possible to transfer/install WII (not WII U) games to WII U internal storage and play them?

Thanks!

/mindtrip

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't have one already I would get an external hard drive (must have y-cable or plug into wall) and install them there. It's unlikely but if some corruption happens during installation to internal it could brick your Wii U not to mention you can obviously only install a handful of games to internal.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can install Wii VC games to the NAND or USB. You can also inject (or download pre-injected) Wii VC games with Wii games that were never released for the Wii U.

Reactions: Mindtrip

Mindtrip

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You can inject the games using this guide.
<link removed to be allowed to post>

Read everything first just because bricks are always possible

Thank you!

I most definitely will go through it.

/mindtrip

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you don't have one already I would get an external hard drive (must have y-cable or plug into wall) and install them there. It's unlikely but if some corruption happens during installation to internal it could brick your Wii U not to mention you can obviously only install a handful of games to internal.

Than you for the input. Let me elaborate why I want to use the internal NAND for Wii games.

I have an external drive, but I do not want to switch device. As it is my kids that are going to play Wii and WiiU games.

I’m only going to have two Wii games on the NAND. It would be excessive and more of a hassle to have a dedicated storage device for this.

Why would it brick the whole device if the Wii files somehow get corrupt on transfer to NAND?

/mindtrip

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could if an install got corrupted. It's unlikely though. The reason? I have no idea but it is possible.

But since you have an external hard drive I'm assuming for your Wii U games you can just inject the Wii games on the same hard drive as the Wii U without switching any devices that's what we were telling you when we're referring to injecting Wii games. It wouldn't be a dedicated device it would be the same device that has your Wii U games. But if you wanna just install to nand go for it more than likely you'll be fine. Regardless if you install to nand or hard drive you have to use the same program linked several posts up convert the Wii games to WUP installable and use WUP Installer. There you can choose nand or hard drive.

Last edited by EmulateLife,
Reactions: Mindtrip

Mindtrip

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It could if an install got corrupted. It's unlikely though. The reason? I have no idea but it is possible.

But since you have an external hard drive I'm assuming for your Wii U games you can just inject the Wii games on the same hard drive as the Wii U without switching any devices that's what we were telling you when we're referring to injecting Wii games. It wouldn't be a dedicated device it would be the same device that has your Wii U games. But if you wanna just install to nand go for it more than likely you'll be fine. Regardless if you install to nand or hard drive you have to use the same program linked several posts up convert the Wii games to WUP installable and use WUP Installer. There you can choose nand or hard drive.

Awsome! This is just the kind of information I’m after. I’ll investigate injecting WII games to the WII U usb device thoroughly.

Thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-