Hacking install hbc without dvd drive??

  • Thread starter Thread starter m-tek
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,407
  • Replies Replies 6

m-tek

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2008
Messages
182
Reaction score
3
Trophies
1
Location
Manchester
Website
supex0.co.uk
XP
184
Country
Just got given a wii with "disc read error" on all games....

What can I do to get hbc on it to run usb loader.. Can I put another dvd drive in it , install hbc then take the drive back out??

What options have i got??

Cheers
 
I am not sure what you mean by "paired to the mobo like 360's" but as of now, you have to run twlight princess to be able to install the homebrew channel.
 
He's asking if the wii drive is hooked up to the wii like the 360 drive to the 360, where you need the correct keys to replace a drive
 
There is absolutely no pairing. You can put any drive (DMS / D2A / D2B / D2C / D2C2 / D2E) in any Wii and it will work.

You could borrow a drive from someone else's wii, install HBC, then give it back. Or use flatmii. Or buy a replacement drive. Or if you're not in a hurry, you could wait for Comex's Bannerbomb - which probably won't need a dvd-rom at all.
 
cool.. ive already got a chipped/softmodded wii ... I was given a faulty one for spares... But if I can getting running with usb loader I wont need a drive...

Out of interest .. how far is bannerbomb from being released?? anyone know??
 

Site & Scene News