Homebrew Injecting roms into VC? With only the web browser? Sure.

BejittoSSJ5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone's trying to compile a compatibility list, here's a game that works fine.

Game : Pop 'n Music - Animation Melody GB
VC : Wario Land 2
Notes : Works flawlessly, sound and video work great.

Reactions: Margen67

specht

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pokemon Yellow injected to Zelda Seasons perfect except no Pikachu Voice.
Saves Work..... super.

Results: 2DS - 9.4 FW

Game Rom | Injected Into | Results

Pokemon Yellow | Zelda Oracle Seasons | OKAY
Pokemon Gold | Zelda Oracle Seasons | OKAY
Pokemon Yellow | Pokemon Card Game | OKAY
Pokemon Gold | Pokemon Card Game | OKAY
Metal Gear solid | Zelda Oracles Seasons | OKAY

All work so far.

Care to elaborate how you got MGS to work in Zelda? I bought Seasons and MGS was too big though I got it to work in Shantae.

GameFreakDude

More gorgeous than any Hollywood star!
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Uh, nope. That's impossible. The only unique feature of the Pokémon Yellow cartridge is that it's yellow. Game Boy games with "streamed" sound effects just used the waveform channel of the Game Boy's sound hardware to its fullest potential. I already posted about a few of these games in this thread, back here.

Korichu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoops I messed up and got the game I used and the VC inject swapped(I dunno if that can be edited or not), but yeah, you can play Pokemon Red/Blue if you take the time to reassemble the pokered-gbc stuff over at github.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Care to elaborate how you got MGS to work in Zelda? I bought Seasons and MGS was too big though I got it to work in Shantae.

Im using the edited version of this injector that makes the roms have to be called rom.gbc.
Other than that use the USA rom, not the UK rom.

ZOOT

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Reactions: TUWieZ

zbw2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, nope. That's impossible. The only unique feature of the Pokémon Yellow cartridge is that it's yellow. Game Boy games with "streamed" sound effects just used the waveform channel of the Game Boy's sound hardware to its fullest potential. I already posted about a few of these games in this thread, back here.
why would it be impossible for it to have a special chip. race drivin used one to get basic 3d graphics running on it.

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IIRC, the pikachu voice shouldn't have to use a special chip, so it's mostly the emulator.
I believe a special chip would also be needed to be coded into the emulator, which nintendo most likely wouldn't do unless a VC game relied on it.
I forgot that you cant suspend GBA VC, so a process that is boot up before would be ideal, maybe allowing a button combination for a menu to edit, dump, and inject into RAM.
This would also allow us to inject GBC games with only running the browser exploit once, (unless the system is powered off), as the process should remain active

Reactions: Margen67

Shawn ShyGuy

Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way the page that multiple roms can be loaded via different pages, such as something booting "rom1.gbc" and another "rom2.gbc"? I don't really know how to describe it, so just think of it like having two bookmarks, each booting a different ROM from your SD?

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Results:

Any game up to 2mb can be injected into Zelda Oracle.
This includes Pokemon Gold, Silver, Yellow and UK rom of MGS (Not ghost babel).

However anything larger will crash it with a Yellow screen such as Dragon Warrior Monsters... etc.
Pretty good so far and I think Shantae is 4mb so that should cover all (I don't own it though)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...