Homebrew injecting roms and/or extracting emaultors?

rich333

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
if you can inject a rom into a VC wad, there is obviously an emulator in there...

is there any app to inject a rom from a usb HD into a VC wad on the wii.... eg. select from a list of roms on your hdd & a wad to inject it into from your wii?

or is there a way to rip the emulator out of a wad and turn it into an app? surley these would be the best emulators and save coders alot of work. I know there are plenty of good emulators but a N64 & Neogeo emualtor made by nintendo for the wii would surley run well, just like when injecting a rom....

i'm sure this would have been thought of already, has anyone seen any apps like this or got any info?

thanks

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it doesnt quite work that way. the emulator in vc games has already been compiled. from looking at the way vc games are made, it looks like a pretty simple set of instructions in the emulator to load the game...

get the current TID
load the ###.app, where ### is a set value for each vc system

the only way to add in stuff like menus to select games, FAT filesystem drivers to read sd cards, cheat systems, savestates, etc is to open the thing up in a disassembler and get you hands dirty.

rich333

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
once a VC wad is installed to the NAND is there any way to edit it? eg inject a new rom into that channel on NAND.

i was thing of an app that had a menu to select a rom and inject/overwrite it into a vc channel that is installed to NAND, once the new rom is injected it automatically launched that channel.

i guess save states & other features would not work at all. but at least the game would be palyable. save states might be possible utilising the channels save file on the NAND, but imagine that would be pretty difficult, if not impossible.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
rich333 said:
once a VC wad is installed to the NAND is there any way to edit it? eg inject a new rom into that channel on NAND.

i was thing of an app that had a menu to select a rom and inject/overwrite it into a vc channel that is installed to NAND, once the new rom is injected it automatically launched that channel.

i guess save states & other features would not work at all. but at least the game would be palyable. save states might be possible utilising the channels save file on the NAND, but imagine that would be pretty difficult, if not impossible.

the thing is, the emulators you want (neogeo and n64) are very picky about the ROM (s) they were supposed to run so injecting another game will fail in most of the cases, writing an app to inject a new ROM into a vc channel is not the challenging part, it's being done for NES/SNES/MD for ages, modifiying it "on the fly" to reinstall on NAND could be possible as well but again with no garantee that the VC emulator could work with the ROMs you want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.