bootpod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Has anyone come across this problem.

The instructions start off by stating "The flash on the iEDGE is shipped blank from the factory. This can be confirmed by inserting the iEDGE into your DSi system, at which point a message will be displayed "iEDGE - Instructions www.edge-ds.cn." ", before going on to the bootstrap update.

So I put the empty EDGE cart into a DS (Lite) & turn it on but just get a message in the top screen "EDGE.DAT not found"!?, the bottom screen is blank.

But I went ahead & formatted my microSD, then update the bootstrap with the listed ROM, and then when I inserted it in the EDGE cart put it back in the DS & turned the DS on . . . . . the on-board LED didn't flash & again I got the message "EDGE.DAT not found" on the top screen with a blank bottom screen.

Went onto YouTube to view a couple of set up vid's, so clearly saw examples of the onboard red LED flashing & also the "iEDGE - Instructions www.edge-ds.cn" with some other buttons on the bottom screen.

Has anyone else had this problem?, is my edge card a dud?

anton123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never gone through the first time flashing of the Edge card, but that error message normally means it cannot find your Edge OS. Do you have the edge.dat file in the microsd card?

bootpod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
anton123 said:
I've never gone through the first time flashing of the Edge card, but that error message normally means it cannot find your Edge OS. Do you have the edge.dat file in the microsd card?

Hi anton,
The steps mentioned in the first post are all supposed to be carried out pre-installation of the OS as described in the instructions.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeipOdqdgow[/youtube]

The point at 4:34 shows what I should be seeing on the bottom screen as the bootstrap is flashed, before installing the OS.
(& the same should also be visible on the bottom screen even if I put an empty iEDGE cart into the DS before flashing the bootstrap - according to the instructions)

bootpod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks again anton,
It turns out that the cart had in fact been provided to me with the bootstrap pre-flashed!, which according to EDGE themselves is against their policy in order to satisfy legal import requirements. No idea why?!, but that was definitely the case as I checked the empty cart in the DS before I had even downloaded the bootstrap updater.
Must have been already used, maybe for testing or poss' a return!?

There you go!, works as should, thanks for your time anyway

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
All iEdge are tested by Team Edge without putting a bootstrap on. It seems maybe the led in your iEdge maybe didn't work.

bootpod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not so

Why in that case would I get the message "EDGE.DAT not found" instead of "iEDGE - Instructions www.edge-ds.cn." when I tested the cart, & If you read my last post this was done BEFORE I had downloaded the bootstrap updater.

I also clearly state in the first post exactly the steps I took.
I turned out I would only get the message "EDGE.DAT not found" once the bootstrap was installed & the cart was then re-intalled without the microSD (with info).
So it had to of been pre-installed at some point before I received it. Nothing to do with LED's not working

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging