Fix update 14.0.0+ error

StringIsNullOrEmpty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
If you followed one of the guides like this one chances are you will get a 2105-0584 error crash when you update to any firmware above and including 14.0.0, despite updating atmosphere/sigpatches.
If so, go to https://github.com/CaramelDunes/prodinfo_gen and grab the latest version of prodinfo_gen.bin.
Use hekate to place the donor_nand.bin from the guides into the /switch folder, and use RCM to inject prodinfo_gen.bin.
Follow the on screen instructions to create a PRODINFO using a donor nand (not from scratch!)
Go back to hekate and copy the generated_prodinfo_from_donor.bin file onto your computer.
Use hekate to load the eMMC that is having problems, with read-only protection OFF.
Use NxNandManager to load the drive, and click on PRODINFO (not the one with f at the end) and select restore from file.
Pick the generated_prodinfo_from_donor.bin and let it restore, this should only take a second.
Once you're done try to launch CFW again, it should work now.

Reactions: ewabc886

ewabc886

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
If you followed one of the guides like this one chances are you will get a 2105-0584 error crash when you update to any firmware above and including 14.0.0, despite updating atmosphere/sigpatches.
If so, go to https://github.com/CaramelDunes/prodinfo_gen and grab the latest version of prodinfo_gen.bin.
Use hekate to place the donor_nand.bin from the guides into the /switch folder, and use RCM to inject prodinfo_gen.bin.
Follow the on screen instructions to create a PRODINFO using a donor nand (not from scratch!)
Go back to hekate and copy the generated_prodinfo_from_donor.bin file onto your computer.
Use hekate to load the eMMC that is having problems, with read-only protection OFF.
Use NxNandManager to load the drive, and click on PRODINFO (not the one with f at the end) and select restore from file.
Pick the generated_prodinfo_from_donor.bin and let it restore, this should only take a second.
In case someone like me uses file base emunand instead of partition method emuMMC.
We have our emummc system broken by 14.0+ in file 00
which should be located somewhere like
sd root/ emummc/HPE0/eMMC/00
alongside files 01, BOOT0, BOOT1

this cannot be mounted by Hekate through the USB method
instead, I read 00 with HacDiskMount
then recover the PRODINFO with "generated_prodinfo_from_donor.bin"

switchModBrick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is this working for 16.1.0

xiran64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi to all!!
I have a doubt, is there a way, to initiallice/have working an a switch oled, without emmc fisically? I damaged it trying to reball it... i have a previous backup, and waiting the new emmc.
Initially it has working great, with a d0 diy, but suddently, the d0 point, has not work, and when i've try to redo... i've damaged the emmc... =(...
Right now, i'm trying to restore the very damaged pads, and to do direct solder pad by pad to motherboard, first step, only súper basic conecctions (one vcc, one vss, one vccq, one vssq), without luck... Second step, i'm the next days, until the emmc comes, redo all damage pads in emmc pins like vccq, vcc, etc...
Post automatically merged:

Hi to all!!
I have a doubt, is there a way, to initiallice/have working an a switch oled, without emmc fisically? I damaged it trying to reball it... i have a previous backup, and waiting the new emmc.
Initially it has working great, with a d0 diy, but suddently, the d0 point, has not work, and when i've try to redo... i've damaged the emmc... =(...
Right now, i'm trying to restore the very damaged pads, and to do direct solder pad by pad to motherboard, first step, only súper basic conecctions (one vcc, one vss, one vccq, one vssq), without luck... Second step, i'm the next days, until the emmc comes, redo all damage pads in emmc pins like vccq, vcc, etc...
Note: i've tried to boot without the emmc, and picofly give me error *==, so, the ns oled don't init...

Last edited by xiran64,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi to all!!

Note: i've tried to boot without the emmc, and picofly give me error *==, so, the ns oled don't init...

You need to restore the nand backup to the new emmc.

xiran64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You need to restore the nand backup to the new emmc.
Yep, but i need to wait the new emmc to come. iIn the way, i'll try to solder the damaged one.

To add to Hayato123's answer: no, you cannot run emuEMMC without a working, physical eMMC inside the switch.
Oh,ok, in some thread, i remember to read that someone want to check it... with a modded hekate?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, but i need to wait the new emmc to come. iIn the way, i'll try to solder the damaged one.

Oh,ok, in some thread, i remember to read that someone want to check it... with a modded hekate?

I believe you have to use a modified hekate to do the restore, not the standard one.

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O can't find it 😶😅...
If we put a blank emmc, how can it boot?
You can't boot an oled with blank emmc, the modchip monitors emmc activity to confirm voltage glitch is successful, and the cue is reading of BTC iirc. If you put a blank emmc chip in it without correct boot0/1, switch won't boot up as modchip can't see if the glitch is successful or not.

You need to at least restore boot0/1 with a emmc programmer before soldering it in place.

xiran64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You can't boot an oled with blank emmc, the modchip monitors emmc activity to confirm voltage glitch is successful, and the cue is reading of BTC iirc. If you put a blank emmc chip in it without correct boot0/1, switch won't boot up as modchip can't see if the glitch is successful or not.

You need to at least restore boot0/1 with a emmc programmer before soldering it in place.
Oh, ok ok

Ohhh, ok ok, boot0/1 needs to be the original? Or can it be from another, You know?

This is my actual progress, pass from error LED *== to *=*

Oh, ok ok
Ohhh, ok ok, boot0/1 needs to be the original? Or can it be from another, You know?

About boot0/1, i Say, because i need to know, if i can do it with octoplus, or Buy an emmc adapter =/ (waiting time).
With octoplus, i only solder: d0, clk, cmd, vcc, vss, and vccq

Oh, ok ok

About boot0/1, i Say, because i need to know, if i can do it with octoplus, or Buy an emmc adapter =/ (waiting time).
With octoplus, i only solder: d0, clk, cmd, vcc, vss, and vccq
Without luck...
I see, if is needed to, vssq, but i don't know, if i need all the vssq pins and vccq pins 🥺, in that size, it's very difficult...

Attachments

• IMG_20230929_213652883.jpg
    IMG_20230929_213652883.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
Last edited by xiran64,

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iirc you can use boot0/1 from another console, or generate a new/generic one with emmchaccgen, that should be enough to boot your console into hekate.

With access to hekate, you can use lockpickrcm to dump your console keys and generate proper boot0/1 images for your own console and fw version. Also follow the emmc rebuild guide in this forum to generate system partition images.

Not sure how you damaged the emmc chip, I guess you damaged the soldering mask when cleaning it or just ripped some pads off. Either way I'd suggest you stop using jump wires to connect the emmc chip back, it's very easy to damage those pads on motherboard or short things out, then you'll need to replace the motherboard altogether..

I think octoplus should work if you have emmc clip, it's just a generic bga153 emmc 5.1 chip. I'm using rt809h myself and it's working fine, just the backup/restore speed is kinda slow.

xiran64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Iirc you can use boot0/1 from another console, or generate a new/generic one with emmchaccgen, that should be enough to boot your console into hekate.

With access to hekate, you can use lockpickrcm to dump your console keys and generate proper boot0/1 images for your own console and fw version. Also follow the emmc rebuild guide in this forum to generate system partition images.

Not sure how you damaged the emmc chip, I guess you damaged the soldering mask when cleaning it or just ripped some pads off. Either way I'd suggest you stop using jump wires to connect the emmc chip back, it's very easy to damage those pads on motherboard or short things out, then you'll need to replace the motherboard altogether..

I think octoplus should work if you have emmc clip, it's just a generic bga153 emmc 5.1 chip. I'm using rt809h myself and it's working fine, just the backup/restore speed is kinda slow.
I don't have an emmc clip... =(, for that reason, i need to see, if can read/write a donor emmc from an old galaxy s8 64 gb that i have, but i need to connect with octoplus, with the isp/emmc board, direct solder

I don't have an emmc clip... =(, for that reason, i need to see, if can read/write a donor emmc from an old galaxy s8 64 gb that i have, but i need to connect with octoplus, with the isp/emmc board, direct solder
It's not pin compatible... are there different combinations? Kluv64j1ed, ufs 2.1, Fbga153ic

Last edited by xiran64,

xiran64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That just won't work, different protocols as switch uses emmc 5.1. Imo just buy an emmc programmer on aliexpress, the realtek sd card reader based ones are around $10. Or take it to a local repair shop
Finally, i can read a test emmc in octoplus (16 gb), and finally, i found a emmc of 64 gb from an y9.

i've Buy some emmc's, but it comes in one mont.

i've send to do in pcbmakers, a reader of emmc, but same, come in 2-3 weeks.

I'll do tests in next days

That just won't work, different protocols as switch uses emmc 5.1. Imo just buy an emmc programmer on aliexpress, the realtek sd card reader based ones are around $10. Or take it to a local repair shop
Can You show me please a photo of the Realtek sd card Reader?

Finally, i can read a test emmc in octoplus (16 gb), and finally, i found a emmc of 64 gb from an y9.

Because i've tried to read an h26m74002hmr with octoplus, without luck, with and micro sd card 2.0 without luck...

Because i've tried to read an h26m74002hmr with octoplus, without luck, with and micro sd card 2.0 without luck...
I've must be thinking, 🤔, octoplus can do isp, maybe solder emmc to switch, and try isp? 🤔

Attachments

• IMG_20231001_204554956.jpg
    IMG_20231001_204554956.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 24
Last edited by xiran64,

jacbob

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Alright, I messed up as well, and might need some perspective.

I bought a switch lite and a hwfly. Soldered it on (enamel wires for emmc points, rather than flex). Didnt work. I saw that I soldered to wrong point, resoldered and booted into Hekate. However, my emmc says init error now. Have also tried removing Modchip altogether - purple screen on boot :(. How messed up is this switch ? I gather that since I didn't have a nand backup, online is out of the question. Is it possible to load a different nand firmware and keys onto the device, to get it working again, or just make a custom emummc for offline use? Lockpick_rcm found 172 keys (master and bis keys - skipping se seed and titlekeys). Can I build a working emummc from this?

I figure that since I can boot into hekate, the eMMC boot0/boot1 is working fine enough. Alternatively - is it possible to try to force the eMMC into dat0-only mode, where it is slow, but it doesnt matter if I just use Emunand?

If needed, I can remove the eMMC from the board, and also have eMMC readers capable of reading/writing it (unless its fully dead) - but I'm not fully convinced I'm able to resolder a fresh eMMC chip on it.

xiran64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Alright, I messed up as well, and might need some perspective.

I bought a switch lite and a hwfly. Soldered it on (enamel wires for emmc points, rather than flex). Didnt work. I saw that I soldered to wrong point, resoldered and booted into Hekate. However, my emmc says init error now. Have also tried removing Modchip altogether - purple screen on boot :(. How messed up is this switch ? I gather that since I didn't have a nand backup, online is out of the question. Is it possible to load a different nand firmware and keys onto the device, to get it working again, or just make a custom emummc for offline use? Lockpick_rcm found 172 keys (master and bis keys - skipping se seed and titlekeys). Can I build a working emummc from this?

I figure that since I can boot into hekate, the eMMC boot0/boot1 is working fine enough. Alternatively - is it possible to try to force the eMMC into dat0-only mode, where it is slow, but it doesnt matter if I just use Emunand?

If needed, I can remove the eMMC from the board, and also have eMMC readers capable of reading/writing it (unless its fully dead) - but I'm not fully convinced I'm able to resolder a fresh eMMC chip on it.
That's the worsts way, desolder it... I made my oled emmc dead that way...
i've past various days searching in dead phone motherboards a donor emmc that i have, without luck, thinking something goes wrong with my skills, but the reality is, working with emmc, it's extremely risky, still having the tools, experience and micro soldering skills...
I have luck at the 4th mainboard to extract a correct working emmc, because the sustitute come in one month...

Attachments

• IMG_20231005_130916491.jpg
    IMG_20231005_130916491.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20231005_135325637.jpg
    IMG_20231005_135325637.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 28
Last edited by xiran64,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y