Information request: to customize the startup screen Gamecube

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by MickeyBlue, Feb 10, 2009.

1. MickeyBlue
    OP

Member MickeyBlue GBAtemp Regular

Belgium
    Hi all, I wanted to ask if it will soon be possible (if possible of course) to put an image (jpg) when you insert a disc (Backup and multigame Gamecube only) in the Wii, just to customize a little instead of always having the Gamecube logo, thank you in advance for your answers [​IMG]

And thank you again to Wiigator & Waninkoko for what they do for the scene Wii [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Golfman560

Member Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Antarctica
    I don't think so because I'm pretty sure the image is from the systemmenu files and there's only one iamge so either its the Gamecube logo or its some other picture.

3. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    I think it might be theoretically possible to make a wii homebrew disk with custom banner that autoboots gcloader which boots the gamecube iso from within the Wii Disk Filesystem (wod?).

Technicaly then it wouldn't quite be a GC game lol.

Otherwise it's as Golfman560 says, you only have the option of modifying gamecube logo inside the system menu.

Or i guess anything is possible if you have an highly advanced system menu replacement.

4. Don Killah

Member Don Killah GBAtemp Maniac

France
    i doubt that it's possible without either editing the systemmenu or even the wad/dol as it might be hardcoded.

5. computerboy

Member computerboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Switzerland
    It's possible by editing the System Menu go look here: http://fathertom.net/hardwii/
    And look at the article: System Menu Break Down in Detail