Hacking Info DS screenprotector

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So I put a screenprotector on the bottom screen of my DS, because I was going to replay Zelda DS, and I knew from the last time I played that that game uses and may even damage your touchscreen.
It's a regular screenprotector, from the brand 'GBooster'

It works fine, but I've played Zelda for a few hours now, and the screen protector has alot of scratches on it already. I'm wondering how I could fix this, or how I could possible remove the screen protector, without damaging my touch screen.

Tnx in adv!

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
most screen protectors can be removed simply by using your thumbnail under an edge and lifting them off (however, you will probably ruin the screen protector in the process of removing it).

in the event that a sticky residue remains on the touch screen (the glue from the screen protector), you will need to clean that off with something like a small amount of alcohol applied to a soft, lint-free cloth.

genuine hori screen protectors can be easily lifted off with a piece of scotch tape.

nekkutta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most screen protectors will just come off, you just have to get a corner up and start from there. I've never heard of 'GBooster' before, but I hope it isn't a sticker type screen protector (shouldn't be unless it is a really cheap POS) you may wish to look into www.zagg.com I use them on my DSL GBM and my PDA nothing like using your keys as a stylus
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

nekkutta

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't want recommendations of screen protectors, I want info on how to remove them!
Tnx to thieves and nekkutta for the info, any other info?

And I applied it by just getting a plastic off and then applying the screen protector to the touch screen by pressing it on the touch screen.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
take some very thin paper and work the corner of the paper under the corner of the screen protector. it will separate and then you can slide in more of the paper till you can grab the protector with your fingers.

i used origami paper. the Ad paper that comes with the newspaper works well too. i've done it lots of times because i have like 8 nephews.

maniac2003

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
TheWingless said:
Those are fakes, but some people say "SOME" fakes work fine/well for them. The legit ones are marked Genuine or something on the page.
Indeed they are working fine for me and my brother. The fakes does look exactly like the genuine but much cheaper
smile.gif

QUOTE(Satangel @ Jul 29 2008, 07:16 PM) I don't want recommendations of screen protectors, I want info on how to remove them!

I try to pry them off by getting my fingernails under a corner, leaves no scratches.

The paper idea is a nice one, gonna try that the next time
smile.gif

Steevsee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just use a piece of sticky tape near the edge somewhere and when you lift it off the screen protector comes up with it. might take a couple of goes but doesn't cause any damage and once you get the edge up the rest is easy to remove.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: y