Tutorial  Updated

Infinite Picrites on Pokemon Picross

NOTE: If you are using the Homebrew Launcher on firmware 9.3 or higher, you can skip any SaveDataFiler steps, and instead follow what is quoted below.
Indeed, it works fine. Just follow the tuto on the page (https://github.com/ihaveamac/9.6-dbgen-xmls)
  1. Download ZIP
  2. Place the mmap folder at the root of your 3DS SD card.
  3. Place boot.3dsx on at the root of the SD card, replacing any existing one.
4.Then use svdt or JKSM to backup the save. Happy cheating XD
A fairly short tutorial on how to get infinite Picrites on the new free-to-play Pokemon game.

What You'll Need
  • Pokemon Picross (duh)
  • SaveDataFiler (or another way to extract and import your save)
  • HxD (or another hex editor)
Step 1:
Start a file and get some Picrites. You get plenty from the tutorial world.

Step 2:
Extract your save. The ID on SaveDateFiler for the EUR and US (NA) game is 017C1. I'm unsure of other regions. Once highlighted press Y to export save to SD.

lZyKUf9.jpg

Step 3:
Open the "all.dat" file in HxD.

Step 4:
Go to Offset 00000B40. The offset is shown on the left side of the screen if you're unsure as to where you should be looking.

Step 5:
Edit the four numbers highlighted to FF FF. The values shown below will be different since we likely don't have the same number of Picrites.

mPKP7mZ.jpg
->
EhPzsM5.jpg

Step 6:
Save your edit in HxD and put your newly saved file "all.dat" back on your SD in the correct folder of Pokemon Picross (X:\filer\UserSaveData\20151205133407\000017c1\) -> 20151205133407 is a date/time stamp, so will be different.

Step 7:
In SaveDataFiller, under the tab "User" search again for "017C1" and when highlighted (yellow) press R+X to delete the secure value

juaNhgK.jpg

Step 8:
Now go to the tab "SD" and select "000017c1", when highlighted press "A" to import your save, then press Home button to exit SaveDataFiller and start Pokémon Picross.

0s5mrww.jpg

Step 7:
Enjoy the game. If you want to support the people that made it, buy some Picrites in the store or something.

9CDZMIm.jpg

Worked great for me, here's hoping it'll save a few people long waits between levels ^^ Let me know if there are any issues!

EDIT: Although the game says 9999, I believe doing this actually sets your Picrite count to 65535 (the value of FFFF when you convert it to decimal). So yeah, you probably won't run out.

EDIT 2: Thanks to @DjoeN for the clearer instructions ^^

Last edited by Scarlet,

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Erm... So is there a HBL Save Manager that can successfully extract and import the save? I can update the post if there is.
No, I don't think so. I checked, on *hax 2.6 (both through Ironfall and HomeMenuHax) it crashes on the red screen during boot up. So, on that video on YouTube it either worked because HBL was launched through a CFW and not any of the *hax, or it was a different game disguised as Pokemon Picross.

Reactions: Scarlet

Scarlet

Onion Soup
OP
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No, I don't think so. I checked, on *hax 2.6 (both through Ironfall and HomeMenuHax) it crashes on the red screen during boot up. So, on that video on YouTube it either worked because HBL was launched through a CFW and not any of the *hax, or it was a different game disguised as Pokemon Picross.
Ahh, gotcha. I don't really follow save managers nowadays since I have SaveDataFiler ^^"

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
why that firmware
Because 9.2 is the latest fimware under which we are able to get enough accesses to setup a CFW or install .cias. Actually if you're under 10.3 you can downgrade to 9.2 so I should have said under 10.3 but that doesn't matter if you're on 10.5^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo