Hacking Increase Size Of WBFS Partition

mark.m.moran

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,
I partitioned my HDD into two and converted one to WBFS. Now I am running out of space on the WBFS partition. Is there any way to make this larger using the current WBFS tools or something like Partition Magic? Will the games currently installed there be OK?

Cheers,
M

SomeGuy2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
test the ideas by creating a new 6gb partition and format it wbfs then copy a game or to then use partition magic or alike tools to rezie it and test.

SG

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Simply...forget it. It won't work...all Applications will see the Partition as free/unused Space, which you can't resize. No way!!! For the last time: WBFS is a special Filesystem, only special Apps can recognize the Partition (WBFS-Manager & Co.). No other normal App (like GParted, PartitionManager, etc..) can see it.

Only thing you can do is to format the whole Drive/Partition again and make a new, bigger partition. So start from zero, and dump all games again...no other way. There are many topics about this, please search...
dry.gif
. It's unbelivable how nobody can/want search, or learn some things first...we have too many Topics with exactly the same question...

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
only thing u can do is Dump ur games to ur pc hard drive using WBFS Manager

delete the partitions u have and start over.

AllWiidUp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thc42O said:

agreed, WBFS adjusts block size, based on the size of the HDD it's on, so larger drives have larger blocks.

exoskelett

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried this, too, with Partition Magic. In the end, both partition were screwed up... I was able to rescue my whole data and stuff through chkdsk but all the wii games were deleted and my partitions were like before...

ringorinfret

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AllWiidUp said:
thc42O said:

agreed, WBFS adjusts block size, based on the size of the HDD it's on, so larger drives have larger blocks.

does that mean that the disk-to-disk function of wbfs manager 3.0 will only copy to a drive with same size? that is a bit pointless ...

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ringorinfret said:
AllWiidUp said:
thc42O said:

does that mean that the disk-to-disk function of wbfs manager 3.0 will only copy to a drive with same size? that is a bit pointless ...

No, you can transfer games between any wbfs partitions in WBFS Managwer 3.0.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol