Hacking Increase mounting timeout of USB Configurable Loader

ppRaistlin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
I have recently recieved a box (Advance BX-3802EB) for my 3.5 hard drive.
This drive was previously successfully linked to my Wii (as a nude drive with WTBS partition and with a good IDE to USB adaptator) but the W.A.F. (woman acceptance factor) was very very low as it is because it was "ugly" in a dining room.
So I decide to put the drive in this box. But, arggg...the boxed drive isn t mounted anymore by the v56 of USB Configurable Loader.
I have read on a website that increasing the timeout of mounting (actually 30 sec) to 60 can fix the problem but I can't find how to do that ?

Can someone help me please on this one (or at least propose a clever solution (other than replace it
wink.gif
) to make this boxed drive work) ?

Thanks for your help

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ppRaistlin said:
This drive was previously successfully linked to my Wii (as a nude drive with WTBS partition and with a good IDE to USB adaptator) but the W.A.F. (woman acceptance factor) was very very low as it is because it was "ugly" in a dining room.dear lord thats funny.

QUOTE(ppRaistlin @ Jul 5 2010, 11:14 AM) Can someone help me please on this one (or at least propose a clever solution (other than replace it
wink.gif
) to make this boxed drive work) ?
have you tried plugging the drive in during the loading process?
have you tried having the drive plugged in whilst the wii is powered down?
have you tried experimenting with other cios versions?

these are various things i have seen/heard/read people doing to make problematic drives, or in your case enclosures, play nice. best of luck though, bonne chance, i should say, and as far as i am aware, usb loading depends more on how the wii sees the drive (an enclosure or adapter in your scenario) than the drive itself - so you may need to roll back to the woman-unfriendly bits or find another enclosure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY