RELEASE Incognito

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by blawar, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Mrswitch90123456789

Mrswitch90123456789 Member

Newcomer
    May 13, 2019
    United States
    The USA
    Is there a troubleshoot guide for this?

2. mrdude

mrdude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 11, 2015
    Nice, this works for emunand - you can run SXOS emunand, then run this to mod your emunand prodinfo. Then you can boot Atmosphere with the same emunand and prodinfo is still modded. Now you don't need to worry about connecting online with Atmosphere either :-)

stick267 and thaikhoa like this.
  3. Mrswitch90123456789

Mrswitch90123456789 Member

Newcomer
    May 13, 2019
    United States
    The USA
    Can someone help me with reatoring my switch?

4. Banner24

Banner24 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2018
    Germany
    Is there a way to get it on my atmosphere emunand?(without SX OS)

5. TerraPhantm

TerraPhantm GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2007
    United States
    Maybe this? I haven't tried it

SignumEternis and Banner24 like this.
  6. rtrofelli

rtrofelli Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2016
    Brazil
    I have an EMUNAND running, if I run Incognito it will only be applied to it or to SYSNAND as well.

If I run SYSNAND my prodinfo will be the original.
    Will the change only be in EMUNAND?

7. TerraPhantm

TerraPhantm GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2007
    United States
    I just tried, seems to be only in the emunand. Sysnand still boots normally, intact serial number.

rtrofelli likes this.
  8. stick267

stick267 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 17, 2018
    United States
    That's the whole purpose of emunand. Whatever you do on it does not affect the sysnand (and vice versa).

rtrofelli likes this.
  9. SammyJouhari

SammyJouhari Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2016
    Canada
    1.so i jsut run this and thats it?
    2.is it permanent? like does it reset after sleep mode
    3. once i run it, will i be able to go online right away
    4. do i have to disconnect my wifi each time i stop playing online?

10. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    1. Yes
    2. It is as permanent as AutoRCM. Meaning the modification it makes will persist after the console is turned off but can also be reversed at any time
    3. Yes
    4. Well you cannot play online but you also do not need to disconnect your Wi-Fi. Also disconnecting your Wi-Fi defeats some of the purpose of this application

11. SammyJouhari

SammyJouhari Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2016
    Canada
    So I'm able to access online features but error code 21244618

12. KazoWAR

KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2008
    United States
    Winter Haven
    IDK if this or if ams_mitm.kip is broken on my setup but it fails to write serial. I am using 8.1.0 emuMMC, hekate - CTCaer mod v5.0.0 & Nyx v0.8.0, and Atmosphere 9.2.0 with sig patches.

Also another question, is there not any other way for Nintendo to detect the system somehow on a failed login for missing prodinfo? like maybe Mac address or something?

13. Kofus

Kofus Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2017
    Spain
    I have same problem, solved booting directly with the payload fusee-primary.bin instead of Hekate. Make sure the emunand is enable and you have all in the correct folder (/atmosphere/kips/ams_mitm.kip and /atmosphere/flags/hbl_cal_read.flag)

Last edited by Kofus, Jul 2, 2019
  14. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    you have to set the kip up in hekate_ipl.ini
    kip1=atmosphere/kips/ams_mitm.kip

15. RyanfromWork

RyanfromWork Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2019
    United States

16. RyanfromWork

RyanfromWork Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2019
    United States
    whoops.. didnt add my 2 cents..

I personally know that thaikhoa has written useful posts in the "Tutorials" sections regarding emummc with atmosphere, so I wouldn't doubt his advise.

but i wanted to add that i was able to use incognito via Kofus method (which actually is the method mentioned by the author of that .kip file)

Only a few simple steps:
    1. create a kips folder to place into atmosphere and add the file ams_mitm.kip
    /atmosphere/kips/ams_mitm.kip
    2. create a flags folder in atmosphere and I right clicked and added a new file ".txt" file called "hbl_cal_read.flag"
    /atmosphere/flags/hbl_cal_read.flag

first i made a "hbl_cal_read.flag.txt" file which is caused by not check marking "File name extensions" (for win 10, its under the "View" tab in File explorer") as you dont want a .txt file, u need a pop up box asking if you really wanted to change the file extension, just hit OK)

the author mentioned to delete the ams_mitm.kip file after you ran incognito.nro, for security reasons.

17. RHOPKINS13

RHOPKINS13 Geek

Jan 31, 2009
    United States
    Question, I recently set up emuMMC on my Switch with Atmosphere. It's offline, and works great.

I want to be able to put my Switch emuMMC online to use tools like the homebrew appstore and retroarch online. The problem is that currently my profile is linked to a NNID. My understanding is that incognito will stop Nintendo from being able to identify my Switch, which prevents my Switch from getting banned, but since my profile is linked to an NNID wouldn't they be able to ban that? And then worse, since my Switch is the only one associated with that NNID, couldn't they still ban my sysnand through that?

Would it be worth the time and effort to delete any NNID-linked profiles from emuMMC and make new ones?

18. stick267

stick267 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 17, 2018
    United States
    I think Incognito removes your console's ability to communicate your NNID to Nintendo's servers. But I may be wrong.

19. abicio

abicio Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2019
    United States
    I recently setup emuMMC (partition based) on my Switch with AMS 0.92 and OFW 8.0.0. Booted up in ReiNX and successfully ran Incognito to remove the serial. Strange thing is I loaded up OFW and the serial is gone there too. I guess I need to redo the emuMMC, but not sure where I went wrong here.

20. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    ReiNX cannot boot into emuMMC so when you loaded up ReiNX, you booted up sysMMC.

abicio likes this.