Hacking RELEASE A custom sysmodule for Atmosphere that allows writing to PRODINFO

benfah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Germany
I made this sysmodule only because currently there is no easy way to install Incognito while in emuMMC.

How To Install:

1. Move the downloaded ams_mitm.kip into the "atmosphere/kips" folder. If the folder "kips" doesn't exist, create it.
2. Create a new folder in "atmosphere" called "flags".
3. Create an empty file called "hbl_cal_read.flag" in this folder and plug your SD card back into your Switch.
4. Boot fusee_primary.bin and not the [CFW] option by Kosmos!

You're done! All homebrew applications including Incognito should now have access to PRODINFO.

Warning: Please delete this sysmodule after modifying PRODINFO for security reasons.

Source: https://github.com/benfah/Atmosphere

Attachments

• ams_mitm_8.0.0_and_older.zip
    221.2 KB · Views: 2,483
  • ams_mitm_8.1.0.zip
    225.7 KB · Views: 5,564
  • ams_mitm_9.0.0.zip
    236 KB · Views: 6,844
Last edited by benfah,

benfah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Germany
Do you have plans to upload the source anywhere?

Edit: Pretty sure you're mandated to put up source/disclose changes made since Atmosphere uses GPLv2
Well, I'm not allowed to post links yet, but the source is on my github under the same username. I edited the original post aswell

Serfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't appear to work with the latest Kosmos at least, which is strange since it's still atmos, just not fusee.

In either case, make sure to boot fusee. If you use Rei this isn't required as it'll let you run it regardless.

If it fails with default atmosphere, make sure your files aren't corrupt - seems to have happened on my end.

Last edited by Serfrost,
Reactions: legion700

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IDK if this or if Incognito is broken on my setup but it fails to write serial. I am using 8.1.0 emuMMC, hekate - CTCaer mod v5.0.0 & Nyx v0.8.0, and Atmosphere 9.2.0 with sig patches.

benfah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Germany
IDK if this or if Incognito is broken on my setup but it fails to write serial. I am using 8.1.0 emuMMC, hekate - CTCaer mod v5.0.0 & Nyx v0.8.0, and Atmosphere 9.2.0 with sig patches.
Doesn't appear to work with the latest Kosmos at least, which is strange since it's still atmos, just not fusee.

In either case, make sure to boot fusee. If you use Rei this isn't required as it'll let you run it regardless.

If it fails with default atmosphere, make sure your files aren't corrupt - seems to have happened on my end.
I released an update which should be compatible with 8.1.0

Reactions: ELY_M

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I made this sysmodule only because currently there is no easy way to install Incognito while in emuMMC.

How To Install:

1. Move the downloaded ams_mitm.kip into the "atmosphere/kips" folder. If the folder "kips" doesn't exist, create it.
2. Create a new folder in "atmosphere" called "flags".
3. Create an empty file called "hbl_cal_read.flag" in this folder and plug your SD card back into your Switch.

You're done! All homebrew applications including Incognito should now have access to PRODINFO.

Warning: Please delete this sysmodule after modifying PRODINFO for security reasons.

Source: Found on github under the same username as here (I'm not allowed to post any links yet)
Thanks, this is super useful. Up until now if you didn't have a SX OS license there was no way to Incognito patch an emuNAND, since ReiNX doesn't support emuNAND yet.
I don't agree with their "PRODINFO should never be writable" attitude. Incognito shows that there are legitimate reasons to be able to write to PRODINFO but it should of course not be readable/writable by default as that makes it way too easy to steal people's PRODINFO or to create brickers.

benfah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks, this is super useful. Up until now if you didn't have a SX OS license there was no way to Incognito patch an emuNAND, since ReiNX doesn't support emuNAND yet.
I don't agree with their "PRODINFO should never be writable" attitude. Incognito shows that there are legitimate reasons to be able to write to PRODINFO but it should of course not be readable/writable by default as that makes it way too easy to steal people's PRODINFO or to create brickers.
I agree. They should check for a flag which enables writing to PRODINFO imo.

Usage with Kosmos

legion700

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
if you are using Kosmos, after you put everything in SD and put it back, follow this step :
1.Go to Kosmos Toolbox
2.Reboot to Hekate
3.Payloads---fusee-primary.bin
4.Incognito
5.Power off
6.Boot to Hekate
7.Launch---CFW(EMUNAND)
8.Go check serial number and make sure you don't miss anything
It works on my 8.1.0 emuMMC with Kosmos 13.0.1

Pola92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you are using Kosmos, after you put everything in SD and put it back, follow this step :
1.Go to Kosmos Toolbox
2.Reboot to Hekate
4.Incognito
5.Power off
6.Boot to Hekate
7.Launch---CFW(EMUNAND)
Will this work with emummc only? Like it won’t mess with anything in sysnand?
Thanks

benfah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Germany
Will this work with emummc only? Like it won’t mess with anything in sysnand?
Thanks
sysnand and emunand are seperated except for the sd card, so yes it will only modify emunand's prodinfo.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If i running emummc it takes a long time to start 5-10 min and lays and hangs. Where is the problem?
You shouldn't ask here. Make a new thread and ask there :)

Reactions: LinkFan16

SignumEternis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.Go to Kosmos Toolbox
2.Reboot to Hekate
4.Incognito
5.Power off
6.Boot to Hekate
7.Launch---CFW(EMUNAND)

I was able to get it to work by doing this. Thanks!

buhdiego

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1.Go to Kosmos Toolbox
2.Reboot to Hekate
4.Incognito
5.Power off
6.Boot to Hekate
7.Launch---CFW(EMUNAND)

When I try this, on step 3, I choose payloads and then select fusee-primary.bin, it begins to load, sept atmosphere splash screen appears and then my switch turns off completely. Any hints? Boot to emuNAND cfw via launch option works perfectly tho.

Edit: If i inject the fusee-primary.bin via RCM mode directly from pc, does it load my emuNAND or patches my sysnand to cfw?

Last edited by buhdiego,

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
prob: 8.1.0 emunand = failed to write serial
solution: reboot payload and try running incignito again

legion700

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
When I try this, on step 3, I choose payloads and then select fusee-primary.bin, it begins to load, sept atmosphere splash screen appears and then my switch turns off completely. Any hints? Boot to emuNAND cfw via launch option works perfectly tho.

Edit: If i inject the fusee-primary.bin via RCM mode directly from pc, does it load my emuNAND or patches my sysnand to cfw?

Well,you can set different theme between sysnand and emummc to make sure your don't make mistake.At least your clean nand backup would help you.
Did you enabled any background services in kosmos toolbox?I had some problem with that before.

buhdiego

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well,you can set different theme between sysnand and emummc to make sure your don't make mistake.At least your clean nand backup would help you.
Did you enabled any background services in kosmos toolbox?I had some problem with that before.

I already did set different theme for them... emuNAND white background and sysnand black background. Guess i'll have to test it to check if it'll patch sysnand or boot emuNAND... just being lazy so i woudn't need to restore any backups hehe

About the background services... i don't know if it comes with any settings to load any background service by default... I didn't set anything by myself. It is as it comes on the sdsetup.com...

thanks for the help, i'll try again and give some feedback

edit 1: no background services enabled, just checked that.

edit 2: just tried to inject payload fusee-primary.bin directly in RCM mode and it does the same, sept/atmosphere splash screen appears and then my switch turns off. I'm beginning to believe that maybe something's wrong with the emummc.ini file created by hekate, or something in the atmosphere folder. Gonna try some stuff here (erase atmosphere folder and download it again and create again emummc.ini somehow) and check if it'll work.

edit 3: that's it. It was my atmosphere files. Downloaded it again from Atmosphere-NX github and it did boot. Maybe something's wrong with the sdsetup.com atmosphere files back then when I downloaded? (didn't try to download it again from sdsetup.com this try)

Last edited by buhdiego,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over