RELEASE A custom sysmodule for Atmosphere that allows writing to PRODINFO

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by benfah, Jun 23, 2019.

1. benfah
    OP

benfah Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2019
    Germany
    I made this sysmodule only because currently there is no easy way to install Incognito while in emuMMC.

How To Install:

1. Move the downloaded ams_mitm.kip into the "atmosphere/kips" folder. If the folder "kips" doesn't exist, create it.
    2. Create a new folder in "atmosphere" called "flags".
    3. Create an empty file called "hbl_cal_read.flag" in this folder and plug your SD card back into your Switch.

You're done! All homebrew applications including Incognito should now have access to PRODINFO.

Warning: Please delete this sysmodule after modifying PRODINFO for security reasons.

Source: https://github.com/benfah/Atmosphere

Attached Files:

Last edited by benfah, Jul 1, 2019
    Pika, Carlos_DobleC, ELY_M and 20 others like this.
  2. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    47 4F 54 20 45 45 4D
    Do you have plans to upload the source anywhere?

Edit: Pretty sure you're mandated to put up source/disclose changes made since Atmosphere uses GPLv2

Last edited by 8BitWonder, Jun 23, 2019
    AveSatanas and Lacius like this.
  3. benfah
    OP

benfah Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2019
    Germany
    Well, I'm not allowed to post links yet, but the source is on my github under the same username. I edited the original post aswell

4. Crusatyr

Crusatyr GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2016
    United States
    8BitWonder and benfah like this.
  5. Serfrost

Serfrost GBAtemp Fan

Jan 7, 2015
    United States
    Doesn't appear to work with the latest Kosmos at least, which is strange since it's still atmos, just not fusee.

In either case, make sure to boot fusee. If you use Rei this isn't required as it'll let you run it regardless.

If it fails with default atmosphere, make sure your files aren't corrupt - seems to have happened on my end.

Last edited by Serfrost, Jul 1, 2019
    legion700 likes this.
  6. KazoWAR

KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2008
    United States
    Winter Haven
    IDK if this or if Incognito is broken on my setup but it fails to write serial. I am using 8.1.0 emuMMC, hekate - CTCaer mod v5.0.0 & Nyx v0.8.0, and Atmosphere 9.2.0 with sig patches.

7. benfah
    OP

benfah Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2019
    Germany
    I released an update which should be compatible with 8.1.0

ELY_M likes this.
  8. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Thanks, this is super useful. Up until now if you didn't have a SX OS license there was no way to Incognito patch an emuNAND, since ReiNX doesn't support emuNAND yet.
    I don't agree with their "PRODINFO should never be writable" attitude. Incognito shows that there are legitimate reasons to be able to write to PRODINFO but it should of course not be readable/writable by default as that makes it way too easy to steal people's PRODINFO or to create brickers.

ELY_M, OrGoN3 and benfah like this.
  9. benfah
    OP

benfah Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2019
    Germany
    I agree. They should check for a flag which enables writing to PRODINFO imo.

10. Witalka_Shelby

Witalka_Shelby Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2015
    Germany
    Thank you, worked for me without any problems.

11. Important Posts Usage with Kosmos
    legion700

legion700 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2019
    China
    if you are using Kosmos, after you put everything in SD and put it back, follow this step :
    1.Go to Kosmos Toolbox
    2.Reboot to Hekate
    3.Payloads---fusee-primary.bin
    4.Incognito
    5.Power off
    6.Boot to Hekate
    7.Launch---CFW(EMUNAND)
    8.Go check serial number and make sure you don't miss anything
    It works on my 8.1.0 emuMMC with Kosmos 13.0.1

DrDoctor, CatmanFan, Poa and 3 others like this.
  12. Pola92

Pola92 Member

Newcomer
    May 9, 2019
    United States
    Will this work with emummc only? Like it won’t mess with anything in sysnand?
    Thanks

13. Yakhstein

Yakhstein Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2019
    Germany
    If i running emummc it takes a long time to start 5-10 min and lays and hangs. Where is the problem?

14. benfah
    OP

benfah Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2019
    Germany
    sysnand and emunand are seperated except for the sd card, so yes it will only modify emunand's prodinfo.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You shouldn't ask here. Make a new thread and ask there :)

15. gaavin
    This message by gaavin has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jul 3, 2019, Reason: Trolling.
    Jul 3, 2019
  16. Goffrier
    This message by Goffrier has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jul 3, 2019, Reason: Trolling.
    Jul 3, 2019
  17. alimao

alimao Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2009
    Brazil
    does not work in 4.1. 6.2 work as a charm

Last edited by alimao, Jul 3, 2019
  18. SignumEternis

SignumEternis Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2017
    United States
    I was able to get it to work by doing this. Thanks!

19. buhdiego

buhdiego Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2016
    Brazil
    Maceió-AL
    When I try this, on step 3, I choose payloads and then select fusee-primary.bin, it begins to load, sept atmosphere splash screen appears and then my switch turns off completely. Any hints? Boot to emuNAND cfw via launch option works perfectly tho.

Edit: If i inject the fusee-primary.bin via RCM mode directly from pc, does it load my emuNAND or patches my sysnand to cfw?

Last edited by buhdiego, Jul 4, 2019
  20. innercy

innercy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 22, 2006
    prob: 8.1.0 emunand = failed to write serial
    solution: reboot payload and try running incignito again

21. legion700

legion700 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2019
    China
    Well,you can set different theme between sysnand and emummc to make sure your don't make mistake.At least your clean nand backup would help you.
    Did you enabled any background services in kosmos toolbox?I had some problem with that before.

22. buhdiego

buhdiego Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2016
    Brazil
    Maceió-AL
    I already did set different theme for them... emuNAND white background and sysnand black background. Guess i'll have to test it to check if it'll patch sysnand or boot emuNAND... just being lazy so i woudn't need to restore any backups hehe

About the background services... i don't know if it comes with any settings to load any background service by default... I didn't set anything by myself. It is as it comes on the sdsetup.com...

thanks for the help, i'll try again and give some feedback

edit 1: no background services enabled, just checked that.

edit 2: just tried to inject payload fusee-primary.bin directly in RCM mode and it does the same, sept/atmosphere splash screen appears and then my switch turns off. I'm beginning to believe that maybe something's wrong with the emummc.ini file created by hekate, or something in the atmosphere folder. Gonna try some stuff here (erase atmosphere folder and download it again and create again emummc.ini somehow) and check if it'll work.

edit 3: that's it. It was my atmosphere files. Downloaded it again from Atmosphere-NX github and it did boot. Maybe something's wrong with the sdsetup.com atmosphere files back then when I downloaded? (didn't try to download it again from sdsetup.com this try)

Last edited by buhdiego, Jul 5, 2019