ROM Hack Inazuma Eleven (E) Full Project

Which name do you want for the final patch?

• Inazuma Eleven Proper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Inazuma Eleven Remastered

• Inazuma Eleven Origins

• Other name (post in thread)!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
OP
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Well.. i added a poll to decide.
Is very important to choose an option, this will decide a fast or slow time to release the patch.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Guile589 said:
I think that while tgiving back the original names of techniques isn't really necessary, than original names for schools should be here. I'm also watching anime and I'm accustumed to all names that are there, especially school names and character names. It is something I got from watching Captain Tsubasa a long time ago still remembering those things. Giving back original names to some and some not isn't an option imo becouse it would be weird.
It's because some of them are names, where's others are basically Japanese words for the teams. Teikoku is the name of the school but "Shuuyou Meito" was just a reference to the whole maid thing.
As for the attacks, it's better to put them back to their original names, just because.

That said, if we're only getting a choice between "All localised" or "All original" just go with original. That's the point of this project after all.

yhAnz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
Guile589 said:
I think that while tgiving back the original names of techniques isn't really necessary, than original names for schools should be here. I'm also watching anime and I'm accustumed to all names that are there, especially school names and character names. It is something I got from watching Captain Tsubasa a long time ago still remembering those things. Giving back original names to some and some not isn't an option imo becouse it would be weird.
It's because some of them are names, where's others are basically Japanese words for the teams. Teikoku is the name of the school but "Shuuyou Meito" was just a reference to the whole maid thing.
As for the attacks, it's better to put them back to their original names, just because.

That said, if we're only getting a choice between "All localised" or "All original" just go with original. That's the point of this project after all.
the patch will release soon..

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this seems to have gone from a complete undub to a messy delocalization.
names of schools and characters are fine to change back to japanese, but keeping the team names makes more sense as the puns won't be understood.

-Wild -> Nosei
-Brainwashing -> Mikage Sennou
-Otaku -> Shuuyou Meit

really? i think that's going a little too far. same for the skill names.
it was looking good until now, so unless there are two different versions of the patch released (i.e. one is an undub/rename type thing, and one is this whole delocalization), i think i'll stick with the sense-making english dub.
i still appreciate your guys' work, and effort though
wink.gif

yhAnz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- PROGRESS:
This is a list of all files in the project that we NEED to modify in order that all works fine.
\data\data_iz\logic\en
unitbase.dat (100%) Finished.
unitbase.STR (100%) Finished.
gmapbase.dat (100%) Finished.
schinfo.dat (100%) Finished.
fieldinf.dat (100%) Finished.
team.pkb (100%) Finished.
movie_view.dat (100%) Finished.
commands.STR (100%) Finished.
item.dat (100%) Finished.
item.STR (100%) Finished.
JinmyakuData.dat (100%) Finished.
usearch.dat (0%) Finished.

\data\data_iz\script\en
mcht.pkb (100%) Finished.
evet.pkb (100%) Finished.
blogres.dat (100%) Finished.
blogpost.dat (100%) Finished.

\data\data_iz\sound\en
All .SAD files in Folder (100%) J18.SAD and J19.SAD aren't in IE JP.
op00.SAD (100%) JP opening song.

sound.pb (100%) Finished.
sound.ph (100%) Finished.

\data\data_iz\movie
op00.mods (100%) JP IE opening video.
am0401.mods (100%) Gouenji's Kick video in JP.
\data\data_iz\movie\txt\en
op00.dat (100%) Finished. No lyrics, will be replaced later if we can.
am0401.dat (100%) Finished. Tweaked and works fine!
am0501.dat (100%) Finished.
am0605.dat (100%) Finished.
am0701.dat (100%) Finished.
am0901.dat (100%) Finished.
am1001.dat (100%) Finished.
am1501.dat (100%) Finished.

[/quote]
all finish why the patch is not release yet ?

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
OP
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
yhAnz said:
all finish why the patch is not release yet ?

Because we are doing a beta testing to fix bugs that appear and the images thing.
------------
ABOUT images:
Things are getting pretty complicated right now, isn't so easy in the team thing.
I'm sorry, but we are really thinking that will be better keep english team names, including Royal Academy.
The reason is that teams have a LOT of images, and a lot are extremely hard (nearly impossible to edit)!

I'm working hard with Namface and we got a lot of good results, but the team thing is getting ridiculously complicated, at the level of been it impossible.
Like we are, with luck will be finish in about a month.. only for the team thing.

Also, we have VERY FEW help. Right now, we are only 3 people doing all this (images, beta testing, etc..).
The good thing if we keep the dub team names, we can launch the final patch soon, for real.

Be patient with this, I, like all of you, want to finish this soon, we are working in this nearly a complete month and has been sacrificed.

Seicomart

Trophies
XP
Country
Man, the work you guys have done is incredible, really, I'd hate to think of the impact on the quality of your lives it has made...I really cannot imagine anybody can honestly expect the images to be done on top of the work you lot have tirelessly performed. I must admit, that apart from Mother I have never bothered with a translation patch before as they never seem to be completed, for this undub and fix, it looks like you guys have really delivered on exactly the issues people had with the official release and I had a sinking feeling on seeing the localisation on the trailer, personally, I hate football, but I like football games every now and again (last ones I really liked were Manchester United and Kick Off on the the Amiga..) but this looks like tons of fun, made far more palatable due to your teams work.

I say screw the images, and thanks for everyone's love and effort into bringing about the wonderful patch.

Namface

Trophies
Website
namie-kun.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Hello! A bet a lot of you are wondering why the patch is taking so long even though it looks like it's in the late stages. Tbh, if we do change the team names, it isn't.

I'm the poor person doing the image editing and, uh well, it';s actually a LOT harder then you would think. It requires that you draw pretty blindly since
you don't know how it will appear in the game ;-; )/. Images with the character names i believe have more so been done.

A lot of what you would think would be text, are images. And that was found out later on. There are so many images with team names in particular.

The team names ~; mmmmmm The game is too picky about how to edit them. And it's become just more and more complicated and confusing we just cant keep up anymore \o/ (even after slaving on it for the past two days, we still have little idea on how to make it work) who knows it may even finish a month later if we do decide edit them.

To save the GOD DAMN SANITY AND HEALTH of the team and possible the lot of you waiting in anxiousness and patience~ we want to just keep the teams as what they are dubbed.

A lot of us are attached to the original names, sure, but the team names are something as much of importance. Unlike people names or Buildings, Puns can be used within team names.
"Royal" is the exact Japanese translation of "Teikoku" for example. It's not so abnormal to hear of teams names with English puns intertwined into it. Puns in the English language are not meant to be used in the matter for naming people unlike japanese. For example,
"Kazemaru"= "Wind" +male suffix. Japanese puns are not actually too different to the english- but you seriously don't get families and people named like that. In our specific culture, it messes up your head >8/

If we can put these team names behind us, then yes. We are at later stages. There are a just a few more images (we need to find them) and some more beta testing to do. We will have to go back into the script and change the team names again but that will be so much easier than the load of the images

I hope most of you can agree~;

Velsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
For me its simple.

If its not a hard task then try to change team aswell. If its too hard,takes hell lot of a time or You guys are not sure how to do it correctly then leave names as they are.

achan29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I voted to undub the team names bcuz I assumed it was a simple process
but if it's that troublesome I would say just leave it.

yami_sora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah if it's too much of a hassle to change all the team names with the pictures then don't worry about it. You've done enough work already.

Everged

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have no problem with the team names being left as is. I don't understand Japanese so the Japanese names don't make any sense to me.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
OP
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Thanks for understand us.
I will launch the patch with the teams as the dub are.
Also, we need a little time, to edit again, all teams names in both scripts and some images.
But that will be easy.

I'm really sorry about team names, but the thing got extremely hard levels.
I think that if an a future we manage to fix that, we can launch a 1.1 version with translated names, but now, are nearly impossible.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
OP
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
BTW, we need a name for this project.
I was thinking "Inazuma Eleven Proper Version", but maybe another name should be better..

yhAnz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TyRaNtM said:
BTW, we need a name for this project.
I was thinking "Inazuma Eleven Proper Version", but maybe another name should be better..
inazuma eleven 1 football frontier challenge ?

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
inazuma eleven undub project where the horrible voices of the english version got swapped out with the japanese voices by TyRaNtM

or in short

ieupwthvotevgsowtjvbt

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Namface said:
Hello! A bet a lot of you are wondering why the patch is taking so long even though it looks like it's in the late stages. Tbh, if we do change the team names, it isn't.

I'm the poor person doing the image editing and, uh well, it';s actually a LOT harder then you would think. It requires that you draw pretty blindly since
you don't know how it will appear in the game ;-; )/. Images with the character names i believe have more so been done.

A lot of what you would think would be text, are images. And that was found out later on. There are so many images with team names in particular.

The team names ~; mmmmmm The game is too picky about how to edit them. And it's become just more and more complicated and confusing we just cant keep up anymore \o/ (even after slaving on it for the past two days, we still have little idea on how to make it work) who knows it may even finish a month later if we do decide edit them.

To save the GOD DAMN SANITY AND HEALTH of the team and possible the lot of you waiting in anxiousness and patience~ we want to just keep the teams as what they are dubbed.

A lot of us are attached to the original names, sure, but the team names are something as much of importance. Unlike people names or Buildings, Puns can be used within team names.
"Royal" is the exact Japanese translation of "Teikoku" for example. It's not so abnormal to hear of teams names with English puns intertwined into it. Puns in the English language are not meant to be used in the matter for naming people unlike japanese. For example,
"Kazemaru"= "Wind" +male suffix. Japanese puns are not actually too different to the english- but you seriously don't get families and people named like that. In our specific culture, it messes up your head >8/

If we can put these team names behind us, then yes. We are at later stages. There are a just a few more images (we need to find them) and some more beta testing to do. We will have to go back into the script and change the team names again but that will be so much easier than the load of the images

I hope most of you can agree~;

I feel your pain man, and the only thing I can consider is if anything, leave out the near impossible ones. I'm sure some people will be fine with the occasional English-named school.

But for the obvious/large font ones, you might as well re-do them.

As for the project name, Inazuma Eleven Undub is fine. Proper sounds too up tight, Relocalization is fine, and the rest don't flow too well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack