In question of game specific bans...

Mahoka

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if my English is bad but hopefully you get what I'm asking.
Admittedly I've been hacking my original model Switch after I got an OLED and was hit with a ban for Splatoon 2 with error 2124-4607. I didn't know your Nintendo account would be hit with a flag too hence I can't play on my OLED either. Quite randomly I had an idea if I bought a Japanese copy of Splatoon I'd work around this ban, The same console would treat the same game of both regions as different games. I find this as a cheaper alternative than just buying a new Switch under a new account. So I must assume you're just banned from a particular region of the game and not the game as whole. If it doesn't work I'll just wait for Splatoon 3 and be smarter with hacking next time. Stlll not a big loss imo.

Is this anything anyone's tested?

remiferia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Not sure if the ban is regional or not... Next time, consider don't hack in online gaming or in sysMMC, enjoy your hack locally in emuMMC (also use hosts/90dns AND blank_prodinfo_emummc=1) then it's 99% safe...

Mahoka

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if the ban is regional or not... Next time, consider don't hack in online gaming or in sysMMC, enjoy your hack locally in emuMMC (also use hosts/90dns AND blank_prodinfo_emummc=1) then it's 99% safe...
I just can't believe this is severely overlooked. Now I'm obligated to test this for my own research whether if it is a waste of money or not.

The only save editing I've done was backup my save file of my main account to my alt which seemingly worked for a few days until yesterday. I'm only interested in modding Smash which should be automatically safe. and yes, I will most definitely be more cautious with hacking my Switch.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just can't believe this is severely overlooked. Now I'm obligated to test this for my own research whether if it is a waste of money or not.

The only save editing I've done was backup my save file of my main account to my alt which seemingly worked for a few days until yesterday. I'm only interested in modding Smash which should be automatically safe. and yes, I will most definitely be more cautious with hacking my Switch.
Well when most people get banned, they stop trusting Nintendo because they feel they don't deserve the ban since bans usually push people more towards piracy. That being said, if you wish to test out your hypothesis, please let us know about the results.

Reactions: Neo127

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if my English is bad but hopefully you get what I'm asking.
Admittedly I've been hacking my original model Switch after I got an OLED and was hit with a ban for Splatoon 2 with error 2124-4607. I didn't know your Nintendo account would be hit with a flag too hence I can't play on my OLED either. Quite randomly I had an idea if I bought a Japanese copy of Splatoon I'd work around this ban, The same console would treat the same game of both regions as different games. I find this as a cheaper alternative than just buying a new Switch under a new account. So I must assume you're just banned from a particular region of the game and not the game as whole. If it doesn't work I'll just wait for Splatoon 3 and be smarter with hacking next time. Stlll not a big loss imo.

Is this anything anyone's tested?
If it's a physical cart you can make a new profile for it on the unbanned oled switch.

Mahoka

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's a physical cart you can make a new profile for it on the unbanned oled switch.
OLED was also banned. My account in general is ban from Splatoon 2 and it bans any Switch that it logs into.

Edit: Sorry, I thought my first reply didn't send. Still relatively new to this site.

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OLED was also banned. My account in general is ban from Splatoon 2 and it bans any Switch that it logs into.

Edit: Sorry, I thought my first reply didn't send. Still relatively new to this site.
Nintendo doesn't ban consoles just accounts so just make a new one... Unless you are the first ever console ban.

CloudStrife1901

Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo doesn't ban consoles just accounts so just make a new one... Unless you are the first ever console ban.

Nintendo usually bans the console and not accounts. But he was caught cheating on splatoon 2 using his account then i suspect they banned that account altogether from playing.

My V1 switch is system banned so whatever account i use it won't let me sign in either way

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo usually bans the console and not accounts. But he was caught cheating on splatoon 2 using his account then i suspect they banned that account altogether from playing.

My V1 switch is system banned so whatever account i use it won't let me sign in either way
I've must not be caught up in the sceen then because I've never seen or heard of anyone getting console banned.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've must not be caught up in the sceen then because I've never seen or heard of anyone getting console banned.
Its the exact opposite of what you think. Nintendo has primarily banned consoles and very, very few people have had their accounts banned. Account bans are limited to cases of credit card fraud and not hacking.

Reactions: Neo127

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: