Christian Fantasy Writer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.labatryth.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not paying 100 dollars for anew drive. Thanks for the link though. I'll just not read DVDs I guess. Can't have everything it seems....

I just want to play Wii Sports and Mario Galaxy already!
smile.gif

BINGO! http://cgi.ebay.com/NINTENDO-WII-DRIVE-D2A...=item43a1ad79b1

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok just PM me if you want it. The thing plays All Wii and GC original and backups fine but has some issues with reatail DVD movies It plays any burnt movie fine though...

Bad_Ad84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DeadlyFoez said:
Just first check that the ribbon is connected properly. Chances of the logic board going bad is very small. I would doubt that you need to purchase a drive, but you never know.

This is good advice. When putting Wiis back together its very easy to not connect the ribbon correctly.

Most boards I've have that are faulty are due to someone taking the Wii apart and shorting it out. The fuse next to the power connector needs replacing (or just bridging with solder if you want to live dangerously)

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bad_Ad84 said:
This is good advice. When putting Wiis back together its very easy to not connect the ribbon correctly.
its also important to know that every wii ships with at least three extra screws...you'll notice them lying there after youve put your case back together.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my attention to detail isnt the greatest - any time i embark upon hardware work, i invariably end up with extra screws, as i didnt put everything back the way it came out.

my intentions are always pure, however.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Bad_Ad84 said:
Most boards I've have that are faulty are due to someone taking the Wii apart and shorting it out. The fuse next to the power connector needs replacing (or just bridging with solder if you want to live dangerously)
What's the value/rating of this fuse?

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
my attention to detail isnt the greatest - any time i embark upon hardware work, i invariably end up with extra screws, as i didnt put everything back the way it came out.

my intentions are always pure, however.

Happened to me when I was fixing my friend's wii. Had to take it all apart again >_>

Bad_Ad84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BBking83 said:

I've never bought any replacements to date, I scavenge them from other boards (usually dead D3, D3-2 as they are pretty useless) as there are 2 per board right next to each other.

Labatryth

Christian Fantasy Writer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.labatryth.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
Bad_Ad84 said:
BBking83 said:

I've never bought any replacements to date, I scavenge them from other boards (usually dead D3, D3-2 as they are pretty useless) as there are 2 per board right next to each other.

Um... ok.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?