Homebrew RELEASE Improved Switch Portrait/Vertical Grip

icefox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just improved an existing design of 3D-printed Switch portrait grip. The result is quite good. You can now play portrait games perfectly (if you have a 3D printer or know someone who has a 3D printer).

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3287040

Also a complaint: switching to portrait mode is a pain in Retroarch. The only way is to enable Advanced Settings in Interface, then change the system-wide Video setting, then reload the Core. PFBA is much better with rom-specific settings of screen rotation and can be changed on the fly.

ec39b9382bb70823fe2b019fd13ae82b_preview_featured.jpeg

13cfdac91176b2e3cc2bebbeba52fb81_preview_featured.jpeg
d0436dbe25fcc17d9a0d116acd2364a1_preview_featured.jpeg

icefox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would rather just get a flip grip tbh
In the age of 3D printing this kind of simple mechanical kickstarter projects really don't make much sense. My design (and many others out there) does all theirs does---holding the switch without blocking air intake and vent (albeit much more comfortably). And it costs $1 to print (70g of PLA). Their design is indeed pretty neat yeah but I wouldn't pay $12 and wait for months. I designed mine to my own taste in a few hours.

TheRocK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
PFBA is much better with rom-specific settings of screen rotation and can be changed on the fly.

Very nice project. I backed the FligGrip and received it just today. Slightly offtopic. What I noticed in the newest PFba is that the directional control settings also flip when I flip the rotation. This is kind of annoying as I have to manually set the configuration for every vertical game. Have you experienced this as well? Don't have this problem in retroarch.

icefox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very nice project. I backed the FligGrip and received it just today. Slightly offtopic. What I noticed in the newest PFba is that the directional control settings also flip when I flip the rotation. This is kind of annoying as I have to manually set the configuration for every vertical game. Have you experienced this as well? Don't have this problem in retroarch.
I think you are right about it. I think the idea is that if you rotate the screen, you'd be rotating buttons at the same time, which is true for all other consoles but not the Switch. You can try Retroarch. It won't rotate your control and will be perfect for the flip grip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over